___(((HElp Me Newbie))___

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by summerboyrocks, Nov 30, 2006.

1. summerboyrocks

summerboyrocks New Member

hey buddies,

i am a newbie in guitars

I need a real wise and friendly piece of advice, i am 18 and live in jammu and now im goin to delhi to buy a electric guitar. i have made my mind as what to buy

as i am starting to play i,ve kept a low cost budget and ill buy it from bharatmusichouse

Aria STG-003 guitar, check it out here:

https://www.bharatmusichouse.com/pr_detail.asp?maincatid=A&ProdId=38

Marshall MG15CDR, check it out here:

https://www.bharatmusichouse.com/pr_detail.asp?Maincatid=A&ProdId=272

and DigiTech RP 50 effect processor, check it out here:

https://www.bharatmusichouse.com/pr_detail.asp?leftlink=A&ProdID=105

__Is My selection good as im a newbie..??
    __One more thing i really dunno what does a effect processor does and the higher model of what im buying has a paddle??whats its use..so y is effect processor really needed for?? i mean if i play audioslave be urself will it be needed to produce WAH WAH effect? is that its Use?? plz explain me......

I reallllllllllyyy need ur fair and friendly suggestions..plz take someof ur precious time and help me out :)

2. guitarfreak_106

guitarfreak_106 New Member

Wah-Wah is just one of the uses of the peddle. I think u referring to the RP-80. In zoom 707 u can use the pedal contral wah, volume, gain, reverb, delay .Don't know about the RP - 80 - must be similar - just confirm this

3. summerboyrocks

sorry dude but this doesnt explain all

i wanted to know abt my choice of guitar, amp and a GOOD DETAIL abt What does effects do?? is it really important to have effects to play music..like in what songs it is necessary?

4. upneja

upneja New Member

go for accoustic guitar

hi i think if you are starting to play now then you should go for acoustic spanish guitar it will help out your fingers play and speed.

in acoustic you can have choice of HOBMER or GIVSON as these are two best i have used and one of my friend is using givson last 15 years and it is perfectly rocking:rock:

and cost is about Rs 3200/- and you can make out the difference between other beautfull guitars and these two guitar just by listening once just go to one of the shop and tell him to play all

there itself you can make out you mind for which to buy

5. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

hey man if your are a beginner to guitar then i would recommend u to go and get an acoustic first. get hang of it. learn the basics and then when you feel u are ok with it then get all that u are talking about. dont go and jump into electrics right away. please think.
    what stage are u at guitar playin? tell us that first.

6. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

if you are a newbie in guitar then me to suggest that buy Acoustic first... learn basics like major and minor chords, some scales, arpeggio n etc
    dont buy electric..cz u can learn the guitar on electric guitar but not that good if u hv learnt it on Acoustic.... bcz acoustic is the best for ear training and for chords.
    in electric guitar, chord is really easy to play but on acoustic is bit hard... and sound better then electric.... so i suggest that Buy a acoustic and after learning some basics buy electric
    Cheers!

Faiq

7. petermasc

petermasc New Member

an acoustic will strengthen ur fingers but u will take longer to learn.if u are into rock buy an electric.i recomend that u try the stuff before buying it.for the wah part in be yourself it can be done without the exp pedal(the one which u can rock back and forth) by controling various parameters of the wah on the lfo etc.
    the exp pedal can be used to control any parameter which u assign it to eg vol ,dly level etc.(dont know about zoom ,rp50 i am telling u this in view of my gnx3k).mfx processors help model your tone on various amp/cab configs while being able to choose from a myriad of effects,in short it kinda gives u a decent tone without having to buy the actuall stuff which would cost u $$$$$$$$$$$$$

8. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Beware you may learn a lot of bad habits starting off on the electric. I don't know what they are because
    a) I've just heard this somewhere and can't remember the specific examples
    b) I have no bad habits :) (other than never practising...)

Go for an acoustic if you've really just started. It'll build finger strength as petermasc said because there is no electric amplification of sound. It will also be fun to play when there is no electricity or when you want to impress some friends by being extremely emo strum-centric. :p:

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ LOL
    Yeah.
    Nothign can beat an acoustic when you are at a campfire sort of setting and there are sissies around. (girls are also sissies aint they?)

But if you really wanna progress as a guitarist and wanna learn music.
    Then it makes no difference whether you take up acoustic or electric.

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Your selection seems pretty fine.
    I would be little apprehensive of Digitech RP50 though.

Processors are just like computers. (Infact they are nothign but computers).
    Better to get a newer one like Zoom G2. I guess G2 will come around same price as RP50.

The processor makes your guitar sound a lot more than just plain clean (acoustic sort of).
    Since you brought up Audioslave, you absolutely require compression in clean parts and overdrive on the heavy parts.

That will be done by the processor.

The wah wah sound, TAHT will be done by processor.
    However, for that wah wah sound, you will require a processor that has a pedal.

BECAUSE, its only when you rock the pedal, it generates a wah sound.

11. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

1.5-2k indian rs more i think:annoyed:

[​IMG] 85 pounds
    [​IMG]60 pounds

12. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

+1 Agreed.. Your list is good dude.... Aria are good guitars, your amp is good tooo... you might want to consider another processor.. the one you listed is good too, but for what you want take one with a pedal. Infact I recoomend any body going in for a processor to go for one with a pedal

13. yazi

yazi Banned

I am a bit confused. Cant you buy a pedal later?

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I dont know.
    If you can get your hands on the manual before purcasing, you will come to know whether additional pedal can be attached or not.

15. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

You can attach an expression pedal to a Zoom processor. Almost all of them come with a port for it.

As a cheap and useless alternative use autowah.

Wow strong emo :p:

16. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Your choice of gear is decent. I'd have preferred a Zook G2 instead of the Digitech but Digitech is decent too...

And it's really okay to start with Electric. You dont need to start with Acoustic. Guitar is all about fun. You dont need to slave yourself for that..I started with Electric and it didnt make much difference. Now I can play both Electric and Acoustic...

17. summerboyrocks

hahahah what should i say im like everyone around me with a DODGE BALL..well at the beginning most of ppl said Aucostic are good to start and in the end this dude says elec are good for start too as it doesnt matter..i think any guitar either elec. or aucos. will do the stuff ..as u guys must be having good experience to say that..IM REALLY SATISFIED WITH UR COMMENTS ABT MY SELECTION AND IM GOIN FOR IT..wepeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee A BIG THANKS GUYs.

18. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Electric are fun.. The only reason I would say dont start with electric is because it ends up being expensive ***amps ext.....

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

It is not that the same guys are flip-flopping.

Some ppl feel that a person should begin with Acoustics, just like some ppl feel that s3x should come only after marriage.

Others feel that it doesn't matter taht much. And you can start off with either Electric or Acoustic.

Ultmately, if you don't have any special affinity for Acoustic guitar tone.
    And money aint a probelm in Electric guitar, then proceed with that.
    You will learn faster coz you will enjoy it more.

20. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

My suggestion now means s3x should happen before marriage :beer: :beer: :beer: .........

And what do you call the situation of buying both Acoustic and Electric and starting both together....:p: