1GB of storage in Yahoo !!!

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by bob-bobby, Mar 29, 2005.

1. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

There's more in store with Yahoo! Mail. By early May, all free Yahoo! Mail users will receive an email storage increase to a whopping 1GB. That's enough space to keep thousands and thousands of emails -- so you'll never have to delete those important messages again! Mail Plus will continue to offer a virtually unlimited 2GB of storage.

Source

they are now 250 mb ....

2. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

you can also get 2Gb by having two yahoo mail accounts :D

3. shak

shak Harrr!

lol@ rabbi...
    @bobby: ... yeah all these email companies seem to have started a race on "who provides the most storage space!" .. gmail started this followed by hotmail (250mb) and now yahoo with 1 gb, to be honest i dont see any point!! ... i think 100 mb's is more than enuff for a regular user, the advanced users can pay for the storage, anyways.... more is always better, u neva know when you might need it.

4. bob-bobby

very funny - i have 50 gb worth invities on that useless g mail :grin:

5. bob-bobby

@ sharukh - sure , if its for free i dun mind at all so far i dun have to pay a dime , its okay by me !!!

6. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

gmail has been taken down then:).... this is great.. but i stil prefer hotmail... i mean who needs 1gb space....?!.... 250mb is enuf.. if u do take up 1 gb wat do u keep in ur inbox!

7. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hotmails got 250 MB!!! ..WTF ..my accounts only 2 MB (checked it right now!!!)

8. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

ye my dads was like that..... it took loads of time to update.... i think he sent a mail to the hotmaoil customer services:)

9. shak

shak Harrr!

250 megs only for usa residents... they do a check on your location and then decide whether you qualify or not

10. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

i guees my location is india...so if i change my location to USA wil that do it?

11. shak

shak Harrr!

give it a try ....

rockin'away likes this.
  12. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

hey i live in england and i got 250:).... o and congrats shahrukh ur on 1000 posts:).. reps for u:)

13. shak

shak Harrr!

ehhehe ....yeah thats what i cant understand myslef it says on hotmail

*250MB inbox available only in the 50 United States, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Eligible Hotmail users will first receive 25MB at sign-up. Please allow at least 30 days for activation of your 250MB storage to verify your e-mail account and help prevent abuse. Microsoft Corporation reserves the right to provide 250MB inbox to free Hotmail accounts at its discretion.

and oh yeah ..... thnx teek!!!

14. bob-bobby

even i have 2 mb storage capacity with hotmail but that 2 mb is totally dedicated to IGT subscribed mails and few junks - i think its okay !!! but needs sanitation once in a week.

15. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

Do this if u want to get 250 MB on Indian Hotmail account.....

A simple way to increase the size limit of hotmail account.

Login to your account
    Go to Option
    select "personal" from the task panel on the left
    Click My Profile
    Change Country to United States
    Wait for browser to Load US Settings
    Change state to Florida and Zip Code to 33332
    Click Update
    Click Continue

Go to Language and Make sure it is English
    Paste this link in Same Browser : https://by17fd.bay17.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/AccountClose

Wait until the screen says Your Hotmail account is closed and ready to be deleted.
    Click Close Account. (THIS DOES NOT DELETE YOUR EMAILS)

Go Back to Login and relogin to ur Account
    Go on following the procedure by hotmail
    No email will be deleted from ur account and now ur account size limit increase to 250MB.

Enjoy!!!!!!

:):)

16. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I easily use up 1 GB of space in my e-mail. No I don't get craploads of spam. I use it as storage space for songs I want to share with others.

17. bob-bobby

still showin 2 mb !!! :confused:

18. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

I got that mail a few months back....maybe they've patched it up.

19. bob-bobby

yeah quite poss , not working now !!!

20. nadish

nadish Active Member

Hey light of erindi! ur trying to make us fool.... I know this will permanently delete our hotmail accounts...