17 inch flat screen monitor pixel problem

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by rockin'away, Oct 6, 2005.

1. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

well i just got a new computer in feb... and its got a 17" flat screen monitor.... the problem is some pixels are blunt and then there are a few that are totally different colours to what they should be.. (like in black they will be green!).......

is that monitor bad or is there just some method to get rid of them.... any help? :help:

2. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Need more details dude.......... Which monitor is it? the model, which graphics card u r using (graphics chipset), and do u face the prob in all the resolutions? if not in which resolutions u face the prob?? Its the same all the time or the problem pops up only when u run some games or videos or any other application?

3. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

well... it happens usually wen i turn the computer on a day after using... like yester when i was showing my dad nothing happened... but i had gone on earlier... but today when i turned it on it happened again... and it only happens on start up and then lasts a while... never happens when i actuall play and do stuff...

4. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Buddy...if your monitor is in WARRANTY...get it replaced immediately!
    Those pixels are called DEAD PIXELS..
    I guess.. you have a 17" LCD Monitor....and when the PIXEL Become dead, you they stop emitting colors from it..

Each pixel emits RGB Color..i.e Red, Green & Black.. Some pixels stops emitting all three colors..some stops one of the three colors..hence u see different colors emitted from them..

Use the software attached here to test the number of dead pixels... If they are more than 6..you surely owe a replacement!
    This is a common problem with Laptops...
    I got my Laptop's TFT-LCD freely replaced due to the same problem...

And the BOTTOM Line is.... Dead Pixels cannot be replaced or repaired...cos its a 'transistor-circuit' assembly, which cant be disassembled for repairs!

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

Attached Files:

• DPB.zip
      File size:
      26 KB
      Views:
  5. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

is it a LCD monitor or TFT ?

6. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Zoom is right dude. If u got a LCD , then dead pixels is definately the problem .... download and checkout with the Dead Pixel Buddy (the s/w zoom has attached), u will know ..

7. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

ye done that... and yes there are way more than 6... bout 10 -15... and then two that are just crazy... thanks yaar for ur help.. there still is warranty for it so shall have it replaced.... cauz they are all black and blunt...

8. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

right zoom.. big help needed... i think ur the only one who can help... right my CPU carries on stalling and then starts beeping and clicking... and then everything freezes and the system reboots....this happened before and i did a CHDSK scan and everything was good again.. afew of the index files were missing... but im doing it again but its no help... what could be wrong?

9. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Possible problem with RAM!
    Get your RAM Module Checked.... and avoid your computer being exposed to Moisture-like Environment..

If the atmosphere is moisture prone.. open the system cabinet and light a table lamp over it for entire day...

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

10. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

right the CHDSK scan has got abit further... but stopped again.. and clicking and beeping has started again... 2 index files have been deleted.. i thik they may be TEMP files..

DELETED....

index entry gateway[1].15965 in index $I30 of file 52937

index entry GATEWA~1.155 in index $I30 of file 52937

anything?

11. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

well the CPU is in a corner literally on the floor and the backs against the wall... i just moved it slightly away and opened it and started it again... it working better at the mo with few stops.... is it something to with the air... and light.... cauz its very dark.. no light down there....

12. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

sorry for posting so many posts continueously.. but more info... right computers working again after deleting and getting some files... an error message sed that this could have been because of some faulty installed software or something like that.... but also it says it may help if i DISABLED the BIOS memory and caching and shadowing... what this mean should i do it.... if so how do i do it?.... also may it happen from copied disk from india?:p... cauz i got SanAndreas and since coming back from india this has started..... so any more help?

13. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

hey rocking what abt the mic posrt problem has it been solved???
    coz i too had same prob??

14. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

no that hasnt been solved... but at the mo this is more important...

15. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

on searchs i have done the only similair thing i can see is that my RAM is damaged in some way....