¡¡¡ Absolutely Shocking !!!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by alpha1, Apr 20, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Got this as a forward

Salary & Govt. Concessions for a Member of Parliament (MP)

Monthly Salary : 12,000
    Expense for Constitution per month : 10,000
    Office expenditure per month : 14,000
    Traveling concession (Rs. 8 per km) : 48,000 (For a visit to Delhi & return: 6000 km)
    Daily BETA during parliament meets : 500
    Charge for 1 class (A/C) in train : Free (For any number of times)
    (All over India)
    Charge for Business Class in flights : Free for 40 trips / year
    (With wife or P.A.)
    Rent for MP hostel at Delhi : Free
    Electricity costs at home : Free up to 50,000 units
    Local phone call charge : Free up to 1,70,000 calls.
    TOTAL expense for a MP per year : 32,00,000
    TOTAL expense for 5 years : 1,60,00,000
    For 534 MPs, the expense for 5 years : 8,54,40,00,000 (nearly 855 crores) official expenses only here

And they are elected by THE PEOPLE OF INDIA , by the largest democratic process in the world, not intruded into the parliament on their own or by any qualification.

This is how all our tax money is been swallowed and price hike on our regular commodities.......

Think of the "great" democracy we have.............
    Think of the wise voters we are............

2. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

nice info. monthly salary 12000 lol.

3. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

If this information is accurate then God help us all

4. hate_breeder

hate_breeder worms r shcarryyy :'(

india sucks, i mean democracy sucks. look at china, how progress they made without being democratic

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Sridhar god is helping us all. Thats how this country is running.

LOL @ China's example.
    It is a black box anyway. Most of the ppl dont know anythign about whats happening there.

6. vini

vini Repeat Offender

and to top it all some netas dont even go to their office..take the example of our actors vinod khanna and Govinda who is MP or sumthing..people say..he hardly goes to office and is busy with production and acting in some movie

ha :grin:

7. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

totally shocking....
    we need to protest against this......

8. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

System is messed up totally .. But ironically People still manage to earn a good living coz Indians are great at Frauds n "Iski Topi Uske sar" .. I think da average middle class n poor are getting da worst out of da deal ..

Reminded me of Muh cousin's words :

"Jo Neta hai woh bhi chor hai .. Jo Vote jeetkar aayega Woh bhi chor Hoga"

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

well, you've certainly taken your time figuring this out....it's not really that shocking.

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Naah, the title was just to make ppl ignorant of the situation have a look.

But am shocked at us: "we the ppl". And even more shocked at our elder generation(s), who haven't bothered.
    Who have kept paying taxes like they used to do in teh medieval era, where the king used to be god's decendent and tax=hafta was somthing you had to always part off (without expecting much against it).

The situation is same even now.

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

To be fair, there's not a lot you can do when the tax is deducted at source. Well, yes....you can protest certainly but it will be the countries loss since the amount of money made out of corruption will stay the same (probably...I'm talking through my hat here).

Also, if the same resources which you mentioned in the list had been used honestly and fairly, I don't think too many people would have minded.

12. kaiser

kaiser Bored

its very easy to pan the indian government for all shitness in the country.

its true that some parts of the system are skewed n make no sense, but to say that democracy sucks is to be very childish.

i hear ppl sayin that the system sucks n this n that....i howver, dont agree...... the system is good (with its messy parts) but its the people (netalog, babulog or civilian) that abuse it, that bring a bad name to the system...

@alpha: your conclusions bt the tax money n wisdom of voters are more shocking.

13. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

All of us Indians are resposnible for this.. in some way or other. We care for things but most people have no freaking idea what to do about it, or worse still, lack the guts to do anything.

We the "new" generation have to do something more than start threads (though its a good thing to at least start somewhere, so good job alpha1).. maybe become the enxt wave of 'netas' and clean the mess, or become captains of industry and lobby for whats good and veto for whats worse....
    Maybe even let our music sing the wails of the common man..

This cannot continue....and someday it would come to a 'do or die' situation when either all will be lost.. or we'd have have to be a part of a revolution that shakes the dirty tree of our legislation... but whatever comes, democracy cannot be blamed for the follies of its citizens.

14. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

These Politicians are gonna eat up our country....... Fcuk them!

15. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Do you think that no generation has thought like this before? Do you believe that all of "your" generation is honest? I'm still giggling at music singing the wails of the common man.

The toughest thing to do in the world is get out of a vicious circle....

16. kaiser

kaiser Bored

dirty tree of legislation..........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH..........

jesus christ.....!

17. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

I know.. even i was laughing the whole time after reading what I had posted!!!!

18. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

Heh.. maybe too much of work and corporate bull**** is showing its effect on me!! I need to watch Tom & Jerry more often!!

19. enable_vipin

enable_vipin Rhythm_Guitarist

well...everybody is concerned bout this..but we all know that we can't change nething at this level... god knows what will happen to this country...

hmm...one more thing..
    our country is very poor but the people are very rich...

20. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

Actually its the other way around.. Our country is sitting on a pile of more than 3 trillion dollars of just Forex reserves.. while 56% (or so)of the population is below the line of abysmal poverty. The percentage of rich Indians is in single digits (excluding our Netas and their close relatives).