ZOOM G2 is better or DIGITECH RP80 is better?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by maaani, Apr 5, 2007.

1. maaani

maaani New Member

well i am really confused... G2 is better .. or digitech RP80 is better.. i want to buy a processor from above two.. so plzzz give me suggestions ........ who is better G2 or RP80..? :think: :think: :think:

2. yazi

yazi Banned

G2 has a better processor, but RP 80 has a pedal. Go for g2.1u.

3. maaani

maaani New Member

I HAVE 6000 RS ... SO g2.1u. IS EXPENSIVE .. TELL ME ONE THINK ... IN G2 PROCESSOR CAN I CHANGE THE EFFECT WITH THE HELP OF FOOT? .. i saw the photos of G2 .. so i did'nt found any effect change stuff with the help of foot.

4. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

5. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

FFS THOSE 2 BUTTONS ARE THE FOOTSWITCHES THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE MADE OF PLASTIC AND BE BIG AND BULKY WITH FOOTSWITCH WRITTEN ON THEM IN 5 LANGUAGES FOR YOU TO GET THAT.

Switch off caps lock.

6. maaani

maaani New Member

wt is ur suggestion..

wht is ur suggestion .. i should buy G2 or DIGITECH RP80???:think:

7. yazi

yazi Banned

I say f*ck 'em both and buy an acoustic guitar(With a strap).

8. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

^^^lol:p:..........

9. conodeen

conodeen New Member

jokes apart man ........which one is better for a beginner??????????
    oh n maani which city r u from.......sounds coincidental bot of us have the same question at same time.
    the prob with shops in my city is that they wont let u try the damn things out

10. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

One of my friends managed to get some pretty slick tones out of the RP 80, trouble is that it only sounded good in recordings and at home. During a live gig it was close to terribe.

11. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^^ Thats cause he/she would have set the patch using one amp and used a different amp for the gig, without redoing the patch to match the amp being used.

12. yazi

yazi Banned

I guess it partly 'cuz playing at home produces loads of sonic reflections and you get a more interference and different sound.

In an open arena, you get to understand the thinness of the sound.

13. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

It sounded good plugged into DI, and live we plugged direct to PA. I'll try to get hold of one of his recordings.

14. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Umm..isnt that the reason why people use pedals?? All the descriptions of sterile/lifeless/ no punch/ no complexity can be heard live IMO. I guess the lower range models like RP80/G2 would be worse off than,say, a POD XT Live.

15. maaani

maaani New Member

well i am from karachi(pakistan);)

16. billysidhu

billysidhu New Member

Get the RP80, it was my first mfx petal, and it was greating for messing around with. The decider for me what the whammy pedal effect, which is reasonably good. I needed it cause I play a lot of RATM.
    Anyways, it's a good pedal, it works alright for small gigs, I just made the patches in the order I needed them.
    You wont be disappointed.

17. conodeen

conodeen New Member

wats RATM?

18. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Rage Against The Machine

19. conodeen

conodeen New Member

wat is that????

20. yazi

yazi Banned

As in a band?

Seriously, I feel like killing in the name of...........