zoom 505II vs Zoom g2

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by radicalz_adi, Nov 9, 2006.

1. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

id still say G2.1u

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

It's not a comparison between g1x and g2.1u
    Come on, they are $100 apart - $60 vs $170
    All I'm saying is it could be a viable alternative. While you don't get as many features, it's like a 505II with 32bit DSP and higher sampling than any other product right now. It's also got an expression pedal. For 5k I think that's pretty awesome

3. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

your right but he probably well have to wait till abt say jan to get it. And if he does that why not wait one more month and a half and get G2.1u

4. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

so pple i think g2.1u is a gr888 thing thnx fr all ur advice

5. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

if u hav more to tell plz do tell

6. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

theres no more to it than a G2.1u....and because i helped u im taking that Cubase LE ur getting with it. Whats ur address? (kidding...im getting myself a G7 soon....we can be Gee Buddees lol)

good luck

7. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

u ever used the zoom 505 coz i went to a music store n teh guy was selling one for 50us dol quite affordable

but what r the drawbacks
    ??

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

El Cheapo sound quality.

9. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

i agree well u sure zoomg2.1u i wont regret.................................................................

10. .:SpY_GaMe:.

whats the price @radicalz?

11. .:SpY_GaMe:.

12. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i guess the sounds will be almost the same. The g2.1u comes with an expression pedal attached to a G2. thats about it i think. Maybe a faster processor but nothing more....

let the others fill in im not sure

13. .:SpY_GaMe:.

@laney u've got the g2 naa?

is it really worth the money???

14. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i dont have the G2 . Im getting th G7 in 5 days. its one of the best processors there are now. the G series are seriously belting the Digitechs and Pods abroad.

15. .:SpY_GaMe:.

n how much r u spending in the g7?

16. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

16 :(...im thinking twice tho...

17. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

All g series are same wrt the processor and sampling rate. What the g1 and g2 don't have is a preamp tube 12ax7 - which is there in g7.1ut and g9.2tt. Also, they have 2 footswitches as compared to more on the g7 and g9, which also have a small lcd display. The other features that aren't there can be found by comparing specs.

18. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

First of all sorry for digging this thread out from the grave!

Ok, I just bought the Zoom G2.But I didn't get any Cubase LE with it :(..No CD, nothing.There is only the processor and the manual inside the pack! LaneyManey can you help!

19. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

are u crzy its mentioned that no software wid the g2 its g2.1u

20. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

ok ok fine..well atleast i am happy, now tht i know tht i wasn't cheated by the shop..lol
    neways which one did u buy, the G2 or the G2.1u? any good patches you could figure out ? i liked the distortion sound of Peavey and Messa boogie double rectifier.
    But I kind of found the distortion sound a bit..well how do i put this..a bit "digital", as compared to my marshall MG15CD overdrive sound.
    any tweakin tips?