zoom 505II vs Zoom g2

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by radicalz_adi, Nov 9, 2006.

1. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

he pple im thinkin of buyin an effects processor im really pissed off with the 4 effects of the amp........so plzz lemme know wat would be a gud option wid ma budget near around 5k can be 1k less or more but temme which one shud i go fr.........want sounds like slash,gibly,page and to name some bands the eagles,megadeath,my chemical romance......so wat shud i go fr i own a ibanez grg170dx and a roland 15cube..............................

2. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

ok dude i think if its 5-6 K then u got the new ZOOM 505 II or the digitech. think it should do good for distortion for the practice sessions. i have been using 505 II for abt 6 years man what can i say. clean tones are ok.Acoustic tones suck but think the distortions are fine for long practice sessions/years. what you need now is to buy something cheap and u can practice with it. when you are ready for the real deal then u can get your dream gear man. thats what i am doin now.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Zoom G2, of course if you can afford it. I guess it comes for around 8000.

Zomm 505 is the only thing within your budget. You may get a second hand higher-end processor for similar price. But then you gotta find a seller too for that :p:

4. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

ahem...zoom g2 is 5k and i recommend that for a beginner or if u just want distortion and if u can use the DSPs on ur amp just go buy an analog.....if not i think the G series are kicking every other prossys butt back to the factory :)

heres the G2 for 5k...
    https://www.bajaao.com/zoom-g2-guit...-drum-machine-p-3712.html?manufacturers_id=16
    i think aplha is talking about the G2.1u which is 8k..if u can throw in 3k ...get the G2.1u ...with that you wont need to change a pros for a looooooooooooooong time cus it comes with Cubase (so u can record,mix) ...comes with a exp pedal(youll be needing this when ur playing entersandman....trust me) and its supposed to be the best value for money...but if not i dont think u can go wrong with a G2....oh and the G2 has got a wannabe-tube circuit which is a good thing....so +1 for G2 and +5 for g2.1u

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Thanks for correcting me. :)

I was thinking about the pedal waala processor only. the G2ui thingie.

6. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

yeah man i can spend till 7 too if my times good lol but fr now i think g2 would be the best option any other make??????????

7. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

go for digitech RP50....It's gr8!! and costs only 4.5K...It's better than even 707II(soundwise)...but it doesn't have pedals...RP300 has it, but costs slightly higher...

8. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk ill check that out too

9. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

10. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

i checked that also searched net fr its patches i think its a cool thing so wat do u think digitech rp50 vs zoom g2 (topic changed)

11. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

I haven't used G2....RP50 is the cheapest and more surprisingly, one of the best processors I have used till date....It looks and feels lyk a toy :p: but it is not really :p:...It also has Drum machine :shock:
    the sound quality is excelent.....I ud suggest u RP50...Wotsay?? Others??

12. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

yeah watsay others ??????????????

13. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

if i were you id wait till i had 1k more and go for the G2.1u its got everything anyone can ask for....u wont need to change for ages. the thing is people get better at what they do so once ur playing stuff like Holy Wars...EnterSandman....u need a pedal and then to buy a WahWah is gonna cost u a minimum of 6k so i suggest g2.1U

G2 has a drum machine too with presets of stompboxes like (they can never be as good but they are the closest i guess)

Fender Twin Reverb' 65 - This is the tube combo amp often called the "Black Panel". Its clean sound is characterized by flamboyant highs.

Vox AC30 / 6TB - This Class A tube combo amp is representative of the 1960s Liverpool sound created by such bands as The Beatles and The Shadows. Its major appeal is unclouded straightforward sound.

Roland Jazz Chorus - Famous combo amp made in Japan. The uncolored clean sound shows what's possible with solid state designs, with the spacious built-in chorus being another highlight.

Marshall JCM800 - A tube stack amp favored by many hard rock guitarists. Great treble plus a solid low end guarantee powerful sound.

Fender Tweed Deluxe '53 - A compact tube combo amp that's representative of the Fender Tweed series. Its dry distortion and characteristic cabinet sound made it a favorite with many blues legends.

Mesa/Boogie Mark III - Combo amp noted for its extended midrange and long sustain. A mainstay of fusion guitarists, from Santana to Larry Carlton.

Marshall JCM2000 - Flexible stack amp that covers a wide range of genres. Traditional Marshall sound combines power with rich harmonics, but sharp metallic distortion is also possible.

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier - High-gain stack amp with two rectifier circuits (silicone diode and vacuum tube) gives punchy metallic drive sound, great for hard modern rock.

Peavey 5150 STACK - The high-gain tube stack made famous by Eddie Van Halen. Produces tight bass and detailed distortion.

Boss OD-1 Overdrive Pedal - Overdrive with mild, richly nuanced distortion in the manner of a fully driven tube amp. Popular as a booster for giving backbone to a stack amp.

Marshall Guv'nor Overdrive Pedal - Stomp box that recreates the distortion of a Marshall amp. Popular among hard rock guitarists as an easy way to get Marshall sound.

Matchless Hot Box - Tube preamp for creating that MATCHLESS amp quality. Fat and punchy drive sound brings out the picking nuances.

Dallas-Arbiter Fuzz Face Pedal - Gutsy low bass and long sustain are the hallmarks of this fuzz effect. Made famous by the legendary Jimi Hendrix. The panel design resembling a face also was a unique touch.

Boss MT-2 Distortion Pedal - A distortion pedal with real wild metal character and fat midrange. Go for the ultra long sustain.

Zoom Extreme Distortion - Stressing the digital edge, this ZOOM original pulls out all the stops when it comes to distortion. Get the strongest high-gain sound in the world.

Zoom Digital Fuzz - Another ZOOM original, this digital fuzz effect will go places where analog simply can't follow. Its "broken" quality ushers in a new fuzz generation.

Realistic drum sounds derived from PCM sources are arranged in a variety of rhythm patterns for different musical genres. The 40 rhythm variations include the steady 8-beat of Rock and Pop, funky 16-beat, a "Jazzy" 4-beat, some great shuffle riffs for blues sessions, and many more choices. Rhythm training is a cinch, and the rotary knobs let you quickly make tempo or level adjustments.

14. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

one more thing is that Digitech have always made some of the best stuff for example the GNX3...omg that stuff blew me away and i hear their GNX3000 is pretty good too.....but ive been talking to people in the US and UK and i hear that people are getting rid of the GNXs and going for the G9.2tt and G7.1ut so therer must be something good in both the companies...so i guess its upto u to decide...but just save upp the extra 1k...ull never regret it as long as u live

15. rohit

rohit New Member

go for zoomG2.if you can gather 8k go for G2.1.

16. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

hey so u all i mean u all think i shd better go in fr g2.1 well itll take me march to gather the amount of money and hey temme if i sell ma old givson guitar(acoustic jumbo rose wid pickup and controls)2 years wat wud i get

17. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

18. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

the zoom g1x has released - its a 505ii w/ pedal
    look into it
    linky
    3600 in us... dunno when it'll come here. probably will cost 5k only :)

19. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

zoom g1x vsG2.1.

20. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member