ZOOM 505 II not working

Discussion in 'Misc Musical Instruments' started by satnix, Nov 4, 2005.

1. satnix

satnix New Member

guys
    i bought ZOOOM 505II and connected it with my HOBner guitar ... thats the spanish one . and when i connect it there is noise and more hissy whissy sound through speakers .... the pick up is internal . but i dont think thats the problem .

help me guys

satyam

2. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Maybe you connected the leads in the wrong slots. Check your connections. Thats happened to me tons of times. (I also have the 505II)

3. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Though i think 505 II is meant for electric it still works with acoustic guitars. But my guess is that it's either the wires or manufacturing defect.

I experienced high shrieking noises when i plugged once that was pure because of the wire. When i changed it noise was gone.

4. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

it is NOT a manufacturing defect, not atleast in the processor!
    the pick-ups in your hobner are piezo-electric or similar kinds..which are not what the processor (or any processor) is made for.

5. satnix

satnix New Member

so what kind of pickups should i place.... its acoustic guitar ... so i dont know which ones will be placed,.... and whr/// since it has internal pick ups. ! ghosh help me in this ....

many effects of 505 are working but guys many of them dont even give a single sound/ those which produce sound , give it with lot of noisy stuff... its not manufacturing defect as i placed it on electric guitar and it wrkd well !

6. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey normally the accoustic guitars and vocal instumentrs cant be used with these processors .. U get a seperate one for them, ... A sthe operating range varies ... So if u do use them u'll get lots of feedback ......... And noise ..

7. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

even i have the same processor UR USING A ZOOM
    FOR A SEMI-ELECTRIC!??

by the way i need help wid the wah-wah on the zoom505II>>
    can anyone tell me??

8. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

it has auto wah .... But if u need to use expression pedal u can order on from them ... coz 505 has an option to add in a pedal .. then u should be able to use wah the way u want .........

9. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

hey ,
    that pedal aint made for the acoustic ..the 504 i think is for acoustic ..but i dont think dere should be any problem even if u do use it .the hissing sound could be becuz of ur pickups or because of ur lead cable ..it could also be becuz of your pickup not being grounded properly or becuz of your lead cable not plugging properly in to your guitar or the pedal ....check them both in some guitar shop.//

regarding the auto wah ...the harder u pluck the string the more wah you get in the sound ...that is how auto-wah works in the pedal .. but if you really want to control the wah sound .get an expression pedal

10. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

oh r u spking of semi - accoustic and wah ...? (I thought that topic was over)..... Its diffictult to use semi accoustic with wah on a 505 .. as the sustain is less ...

11. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

ya .true .you sustain will get killed if you use a semi acoustic and wah .most of the time you will only get dead notes ..but if you turn thr gain up..maybe u can let it ring a little ..

and nanda..i was just telling Ujsen how auto-wah works ...i have no idea what guitar they are using ...

12. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

The inbuilt pickups or piezos of your Hobner will have really low output and it might be really low for your processor to do anything useful. Another thing is, there will be lot of sound collision happening between the string vibrations and also the reflections from the Sound Hole and this will create a lot of howling noise and bad feedbacks.

Hollow Body Acoustic Guitar with Sound Holes are not meant for Distortion. Rather look at a Acousic Electric without that big Sound Hole like those Ovations. Or better, get yourself a simple electric guitar.

13. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

yup other than that u can get an accoustic processor .. they r designed for it ..
    Guess during 2002 new year eve .. i plugged in my mic to a HYPERMETAL .. and the entire college heard that howl !!!!!

14. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

I also use a 505II. The main reason for the hiising is usually earthing. Make sure your amp is connected through a 3 pin plug point. If you are using an extension cord, the extension cord should also be 3 pin.

15. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Acoustic Processors are different. They provide the regular modulation effects like Chorus, Flange, etc.. plus reverbs and delays. They also provide various acoutic guitar modelling like Jumbo Guitar, Nylon String, 12 string simulations and things like that. They might provide a bit of gain to get the sound little more sparkly otherwise they dont offer any distortion modelling. So Acoustic Processor is not the answer. Your option is to go for a simple electric guitar.

@Nanda. You are giving some strange suggestions.

16. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

They do have a diffrent operating range .... Check it up ......