Your sentimental favourites in soccer

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Gn'rlies, Aug 23, 2004.

1. k_arvind

k_arvind cool guitarist!

i like ronaldo, he's an awesome player

2. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

Ronaldo has been overrated and you guys are heavily underrating van Nistelrooy.

I just have to bring up the goal that Ruud put in against Germany in the Euro Championship no way would a Brazilian (would have dived) or a French (no strength) have scored that goal the way Ruud did.

3. rabi_sultan

and to add if its only boiling down to scoring goals then these clubs must be STUPID to pay these players that much money Ruud is in the same category as Henry and Ronaldo they are all strikers that you wouldn't want to give a second of free time in the box or they'll score. So you guys can cry all you want about how crap van Nistelrooy is but it goes down to two things:

he gets respect by defenders and is heavily marked
    and you've never played against him or ronaldo so you wouldn't know

4. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

Whatever DUDES. .Ruud Sucks.. I feel even Crespo is better than Ruud Van.. :p

5. tejas

tejas ..........

Forget it.You think rudd sucks, we think otherwise. Its just a matter of opinion, so let the debate end.

6. jayanth

He he.. Gave Up?? :p

7. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

lol .... give up .... just remember ..... real madrid were very very interested in getting ruud on their lineup in the post season .... a comment from the real madrid boss " There are certainly no better strikers in football today than ruud . Any team would love to have him on its side , and we're certainly interested ." Thats the team boss of the team that has the likes of raul n ronaldo up front ..... he's definitely a lot better than you guys admit .... i think its more an arsenal support thing ..... you know if he was playing for arsenal ... you'd be seeing things very differently ... for me it makes no difference .... i agree henry is a more complete player .. but he's not a better finisher than ruud .... nope .... just not true ... and ronaldo .... certainly has the talent ... no consistency though ..... too much flash with no results ....

8. rabi_sultan

if henry (and im an arsenal supporter) was a better finisher tonight then friedel shouldn't have made the initial save on the third goal !

9. tejas

tejas ..........

Nah. I'm just letting you off the hook easily.

10. jayanth

He he. .Ruud t oReal Madrid.. COOL.. I hated that guy who hands out the towels. Now they are getting RUud.. Cool :rock:

If you telling that Ruud finishish Better than Henry, Then i should really watch Manu matches.. Cause as you said if Ruud can make a HUGE difference, He should have done so in ManU.. And also If Anyone can take the Ball from the D line to the Gold and Finishit, Henry is the best at it.Ruud cant.

And I have another competition for Ruud here.. Dennis "The Menace" Bergkamp.. If Ruud can get that temperment, he would have enjoy being in the Dutch Diving Team.. With False dives.. He he.. And Thankfully there is no OFFSIDE in Diving..

11. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

the best i've ever seen of dennis bergkamp was 1994 worldcup and his goal that beat argentina and got them out of the competiton .... one of the all time best goals .... i do respect the guy ..... bu there's just no comparison .... RUUD is awesome .... and bergkamp is way way past his prime ... even though he keeps showing bits n peices of his old self...... i think even shearer has been much better than dennis ... he's still a top goal scorer at his age .... and please .... DO watch the manu matches ... i've seen both arsenal and manu and thats why i'm saying ruud is a better finisher ..... the day you start watching man u ... you'll see things dfferently .. its kinda hard to judge
    someone when you dont see him play often enough .. dont you think ?

if henry's so good .. how is it that he hasn't managed to get arsenal victories at old trafford in the premiership ..... last season was exceptional for arsenal still they drew with man u (without beckham) both times .... the year before they lost one and drew the other .... when was the last time they actually managed to get the better of MANU ???? have'nt seen that in ages .... community shield matches are all they can win ......

12. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

@Gn'r...dude its NOT an arsenal suppport thing..i like Giggs ...Its ALL abt Ruud..
    And if rudd is such a good finisher why did he crash that penalty against the bar and let arsenal draw the match???

13. jayanth

YOu really think i dont watch Manu Matches.. It comes close to seinfeld though :p

Friendly Match 2004.. With all the fights Manu U lost 3-0 to Arsenal.. LOL..

If Ruud is better then ManU should have won na?? LOL LOL..

At certain instances, I feel even robert Pires is better than Ruud Van.. And Henry should not even be compared..

14. highwayman

highwayman Eternal Bachelor ! ! !

At the current of henry....i bet you cannot compare him with anyone...
    Hes too damn good to be touched by any sort of comparisions.

BTW...no roderto carlos fans here..??

Rock On!!!

15. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

what happens to arsenal in the premiership ? why can't they just beat MAN U ? If they don't do it this time ... i dont see it happening for a long time .... arsenal had an awesome season last time round ... they went unbeaten just cuz ruud missed ONE penalty remember ? ( i dont even want to get into their on field conduct in that match .. it WAS termed 'disgusting' by their own coach wenger)
    They still had fewer victories than MAN U and fewer goals scored than MAN U . MANU has more goal scorers with ruud , scholes , saha , ronaldo even keane , and there's giggs and now they have alan smith (which i'm sooooo excited about ) hope they get rooney too . they just made an official bid for him yesterday BTW. They can all be called regualar goal scorers . Still ruud comes up almost even on goals scored in a season with henry ? How many REGUALR goal scorers does arsenal have ? Even bergkamp is few and far between (that too only when he gets to play long enough)

finally .... arsenal blew champions league last season ... they had such a HUGE oppurtunity to win it .... had they beaten chelsea , it was their cup . they blew it .. like every other time in their history ? and also the FA cup (to MANU) . What happens to henry in crunch games ? it's easy to do well in the premiership as there's no final as such or knockout game per se ... but what kinda record does arsenal have in europe and any knockout competition ? that speaks a lot about henry's ability in crunch situations ? lets not even get into the 2002 world cup (defending champs france with henry as the main striker.. not a goal scored in the tournament by the whooe team) and even euro was pretty pathetic ... i actually like pires better than henry .... he does his job better than almost anyone . fancy footwork n ball control are useless if you dont have the temperament to deliver it when it matters ...... a complain i have with my childhood hero del piero too ....

16. jayanth

I'm Here Highway man.. roberto Carlos is amazing..

Gnr: Same Question Why cant MANU beat Arsenal NOW?? :p Chrisiano SUcks.. He confessed that :p.. Manu combination cant beat this (Henry - Reyes - Bergkamp - Cole - Pires - Vierra) Anyways read Wengers Statement before last season. "We do not have any wishes to win anything other than The Priemership.. This season is more of a improvement camp for the boys..".. The France thing is not coming into picture most National Teams Suck. .So no offence I didnt support France in The World Cup.. He he..

Fancy Footwork - Deneilson.. No One does it better..

He he.. read Bekham's Journal - "Manu is the kind of a team which seems to think they can buy anything, Including the priemership." :p Lol I agree with this.. Money is nothing.. And for that matter MAN U may not even finish second this season Thanks to "OffSide Oppurtunist" And all his Partners in Crime.. LOL..

ROTFLMAO..

17. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

i think we'll snag rooney .... now that'll be one cooooool strikeforce ... with RUUD , SAHA , SMITH AND ROONEY .... but lemme not get premature here ... lets see if it does happen .... n they still do have forlan and solsjkar .... this will be one of the best strike forces in europe if they manage to get rooney ....but what a bench strength .... i mean most clubs would love to have just soljskar (who they got for a bargain 1 million)

n hey .. i think it's chelsea who're out buying neething and everythnig .... and the eternal buy-everything-in-sight-never-mind-the-debt real madrid .... manu have been pretty cautious .... they're a public enterprise ... so they can't go and buy ad-hoc .. it has to be explained to the board ... they do have the money to go and buy everything out there ... THEY ARE the richest football club .... but they're extremely modest according to me .... considering their coffers .. i think rio was the only really big acquisition they made ... most of the defense n mid field is either home grown or very very cheap ... we'll see bout finishing second .... i think they'll be fighting hard for the premiership ... lets see if arsenal and chelsea can stay along ... wait for a month and we'll see very very different results ....

Becks is just pissed at being kicked out .. thats the kinda team manu is .. no one's that big .... you perform or you're kicked out ..... becks would'nt have dreamed in a million years he'd be kicked out of old trafford .... lol ... he has a right at being shocked and pissed ... and hey ... he's bound to make those kinda statements with the kinda year he's had .... no silverware with madrid (he'd have gotten atleast the FA cup at man U) , then the whole sex scandal fiasco .... poor guy ... has just taken the biggest fall from grace ever ....... atleast ruud used to be there to tap his crosses in at old trafford ... no one seems to get to them at madrid .... ( n how much can you cross if you're playing central midfield ... he was good where he was ... now he's regretting it )

18. jayanth

LOl saw MAn U against Black Bunr.. Last minute lucky.. That to othrow the Ball into the goad :mad:

Saw arsenal.. REYES - Henry Rules..

I like yo ucause you have contradictions in your own Statements. LOL LOL..

19. FC Barca11

FC Barca11 New Member

That same team boss let Morientes go to Monaco and see what happened :p Alright so Ronaldo vs. Rudd. Btw if we're talking best present finisher, Henry cannot be compared to. People who will be at his level in a few years or are somewhat close right now are well....damn there are'nt many. If Eto'o continues his development in Barcelona like he did in Mallorca he will be as good, I guarentee it. If anyone had the chance to see the Gamper friendly (Barcelona vs A.C Milan) they would have seen instances where Eto'o made Maldini and Nesta look like C team players. So, Ronaldo is a fat F*(K (note the bias) I don't like but I cannot deny talent. Though the man has put on a "few" pounds his ball control and finishing are still very good. Now this is no where NEAR his former self. After his knee injury he hasn't been the same. Anyone who tells me "Look at his performance in the WC 2002" should kick themselves before doing so. WC 2002 was probably the saddest tournament I've had the misfortune of seeing. Compare Ronaldo to his days at Barcelona or even the earlier part at Inter. He was a bullet that hit the target almost everytime.

Ruud while a good finisher isn't really as good as Ronaldo because of ball control and effective maneuvering in small areas. Maradona made it an art and Ronaldo used to remind us of it (Now its all Ronaldinho) Now it is fair to say that Ronaldo probably gets better service that Ruud but in the EPL the ball is played very directly. To be fair Ruud can't be called an "offside oppurtunist" because its just the style of the English. But Ruud is Dutch :think: SO? When in Rome do as the romans do...If the ball is to be played that directly then ofcourse Ruud will play against the last man. He's probably going to get better chances that way. Also Ruud does setup goals more than Ronaldo does so I guess he has versatility going for him. Lets not blow this out of proportion though, because he is a striker and he is expected to score. Ferguson would probably get more out of Ruud if he played with two strikers up front.

Quite frankly I don't want either on my dream team...I prefer Henry-Eto'o or Henry-Guily

Present
    GoalKeeper- Buffon
    Defenders - Puyol, Samuel, Maldini, Thuram
    Midfielders - Vicente,Davids,Ronaldinho,Guily
    Strikers - Henry,Eto'o

20. jayanth

Ou brought up Ruud Vs Ronaldo?? I wont argue much here. .Though I still prefer Ronaldo..