Your sentimental favourites in soccer

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Gn'rlies, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

hi since we all have just touched soccer a a topic i was wondering who are everybody's sentimental favs at the various positions .... not who you believe to be the best ... but who you like the most . feel free to add more than one name to each category . i'd appreciate present players but past greats can be included too .

My list is here :
    GOALKEEPER : peter schmichael of man united . kahn is next .
    CENTRAL DEFENDER : Paolo Maldini
    RIGHT/ LEFT BACK :
    MIDFIELD : totti , figo and maradona
    WINGER : beckham at right wing for man U
    STRIKER : del piero , vieri , ruud van nistelrooy , shearer , raul and inzaghi
    MOST REPSECTED PLAYER : maldini
    NATIONAL TEAM : italy
    CLUBS : AC milan and Man U

2. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

current players
    Goalies - kahn, buffon
    Centre Back - campbell
    Full Back - maldini
    Midfielders - zidane, vieria, ballack
    Strikers - Bergkamp, henry, van nistelrooy, raul, morientes

past players:
    Goalies - Schmeical, Seaman, banks
    Centre Back - ronald koeman, franz beckenbauer, bobby moore
    Full Back - Dixon, petrescu
    Midfielders - Cruyff, Maradona, Stoijkovic, gascoine, platini, ardilles
    Wingers - Rensenbrink, Hagi, giruesse, kopa, sivori
    Strikers - vanBasten, schilachi, linekar

Just some of mine.

3. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

heres my 11
    formation is 4-4-2
    gk-buffon
    defenders-roberto carlos, rio ferdinand, sol campbell, ashley cole
    midfielders-figo, keane, zidane, beckham
    forwards - ronaldo, javier saviola
    reserve - kahn, rigobert song, ronaldinho, pavel nedved, michael owen.

4. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

GOALKEEPER : Casslius - Real Madrid / Oliver kahn -Bayern Munich
    CENTRAL DEFENDER : Pires / bergkamp
    RIGHT/ LEFT BACK : Patrick Vierra / Carlos Roberto / Pires
    MIDFIELD : Figo / Pires / Zidane / Hasselbank
    WINGER : Bekham(In RM) / Bergkamp / Reyes
    STRIKER : Raul / Henry / Crespo / Bergkamp / MORIENTEZ
    MOST REPSECTED PLAYER : Morientez
    NATIONAL TEAM : France / Brasil
    CLUBS : Arsenal / Real Madrid / Monaco FC

5. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

my fav is ME, right out :)

6. tejas

tejas ..........

Goalkeeper - Edwin Van Der Sar
    Defenders - Carlos, Rio ferdinand, Igor tudor, Frank de boer
    Midfielders - Zidane, Pavel Nedved, Mendieta, Edgar davids
    Strikers - Kluivert, Van Nistelrooy, Del piero
    National Team - Netherlands
    Club - Barcelona, Juventus, Bolton

7. jayanth

Ruud Van Nistenroy Sucks.. He sits and wait for the ball. Half the time he is offside and he gets an oppurtunity he nicks it in.. Saha is way better.. Van Nistel should be called "Offside oppurtunist"..

I strike better in my league..

8. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

hey jayanth ... not fair .... that tag should go to ronaldo ..... he deserves it more than anyone else ..... i think ruud has had some really wonderful goals ..... n in the end ... thats what a strikers job is ... to tap em in at the earliest oppurtunity ... if he wanted to dribble .... he shouldve become a maradona type ... in the midfield ... dont you think ?

9. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

i seem to be an oddball in the forum .... i'm a huge slash fan ... n no one else sems to be one ... and a man u fan ... agaon no one else seems to be one ... and a italy fan ... alone here again .... lol ..... didn't expect to be lonely on those names ..... that goes to show what i know ..... no complains though .... we all are what we are right ...

10. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

i totally agree with u jay....ruud is nothing but an 'offside opportunist'..man and such a cheap diver too....if no one feeds him sitters to tap in his scoring rate goes down like anything..
    @gnr'lies...dude how can u even compare ronaldo and ruud???ronaldo's talents have declined a bit after his injuries but there is no doubt that he is a GOD

henry is a fav though.... he can do anything(xcept heading a goal..he he..but with close ball control like his he doesn't need to)

11. jayanth

I swear. .How can compare Rolado to Van.. Ronaldo should be seen with his National team more than Real. Especially his childhood days.. Compare.. Ruud is a SMall Boy.. He Sucks at this age .. He cant do much later..

Henry is the Best No doubt. He doesnt head cause someone may confuse his head for the Ball.. LOL..

12. tejas

tejas ..........

Nah, Ronaldo is more of an Offside opportunist, than Ruud. Rudd has got some real skill.
    When Ronaldo plays with Brazil, its always Rivaldo, who sets up the goal, Ronaldo just finishes it.

13. highwayman

highwayman Eternal Bachelor ! ! !

But then isn't a fwd all about finishing....
    the fwds are meant to be opportunist and clinical finishers...why blame them.

but Henry is exceptional.....his close ball control is amazing..
    Will post my dream 11 a little later....

cheers..

14. jayanth

Ruud sucks and Talking about finishes.. Ruud never sets up goals.. He TRYS to finish..

15. tejas

tejas ..........

He scores 9/10 times. You can't deny that. He is good at what he does, Ronaldo is not much better, he just has better team mates.

16. jayanth

I think you are talking about the wrong Ruud Van Nistelroy.. Wait there cant be another?? 9/10.. Thats exageration at its best :p.. Anyways Henry scored better. Bergkamp is better too..

17. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

Saha is rubbish compared to van Nistelrooy.

At least van Nistelrooy can score goals all the time, who cares if he's an offside opportunist he scores goals, thats what he gets paid to do ... SCORE!

18. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

what is happening to this world????
    So many nistelrooy supporters???
    u just give the ball to ronaldo anywhere near the box....he will score...not to mention some magical twists,turns,fakes and shimmies on the way...
    nistelrooy????doing those things??in ur dreams!!
    And henry has shown time and again tht he can score from anywhere ...evn if he starts in his own half he goes on like a juggernaut and scores...
    Bottomline is that ruud sucks and it is sacrilege to talk of him in the same breath as henry or ronaldo

19. jayanth

i have to totally agree with Nebu.. Van Nistelroooy can score only when he can.. Henry scores when required.. So does Ronaldo..

Whatever Ruud Sucks..

20. tejas

tejas ..........

I never compared Henry to Rudd, the former is definitely better, but its not the same case with Ronaldo. I think rudd is equally good, if not better.