Your "Right-Click" woes end, effective now ! :)

Discussion in 'IGT Official Announcements' started by Super-Admin, May 19, 2011.

1. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

IGTians,

I know how frustrating it is, when some of the most basic features are not available on our favorite websites.

The most basic of all is, right clicking on a link to open it in a new tab / window and this feature was disabled at IGT.

One of the main reasons to turn it off was because of a lot of content scrapers who were copying content from IGT to publish it on their blogs / websites.

However, over the number of years, IGT has matured and grown into an unique community, one of it's kind. Now, we feel it's really not our main goal to find content scrappers and make their lives difficult, instead we are more focussed towards improving user experience and make our users life easy. As a result, there are no more right-click restrictions :)

If anyone of you are still facing problems with the right click, please feel free to PM me.

Cheers :)

2. avin7000

avin7000 New Member

Thanks for this !

at first I thought something wrong with my Mac + This forum, I used to drag the links to open up in a new tab. Thanks for this :)

3. Super-Admin

@Avin - Welcome. The right-click was disabled by previous management, however, the current management has decided to take it off :).

Cheers.

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

w00t!
    Finally, sanity returns to IGT.

5. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

A welcome change ! Appreciate it

6. Super-Admin

@Alpha & Rick - Thanks guys... I hope we'll set in the other changes too pretty soon ...

Btw, someone mentioned about the font, and I too think they are too small... changes will set in soon :) ..

:: Sigh, disadvantages of growing old !! :: :)

7. avin7000

avin7000 New Member

I am fine with font size :)

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I said about font size.
    It is really small.

I dunno how you have set it here - but in sites like Wikipedia - it depends on what your browser setting is.
    So if you have kept 18 as the browser setting.
    The wiki will display the body text in 18-4=14.

Something on those lines.

9. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

ctrl+ can help you read better...

10. Super-Admin

@Alpha - as Ricky pointed out one of the easiest ways is :

To increase the font size press 'Ctrl and +'
    To decrease the font size press 'Ctrl and -'
    To set it default press 'Ctrl and 0(zero)'

However, we will working on changing it to general standards...

@Ricky - Guess there is one bad news though, we are planning to put a restriction on number of characters in signature ;) .. We have to do it, coz of the number spams we are getting each day ... tough task to combat u see :)

11. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

oh no please... I already don't find it enough to put all that i want to in my signature... really a bad news... :(

12. Super-Admin

@Rickky - I really don't want it to happen, but there are certain decisions that need to be taken .. I'll see if there can be a few exceptions :)

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Actually anything over one line is no longer a signature -

14. Super-Admin

@Alpha - we plan to limit the number of characters to say around 250. A lot of benefit here, readability improves, spam reduces for sure !

15. hiflier79

hiflier79 New Member

cheers for the right click button.....:)