Your Other Life

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by eightytwo, Apr 1, 2008.

1. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

OK! Time to use your imagination a little...

Can you see yourself as someone who is only interested in excelling academics and joining top colleges and getting employed in the best companies and not interested in anything else? No hobbies, no interests... probably just a casual movie watcher and maybe hang out with friends every now and then.

I'd kill myself if I were to be like this. Honestly. I can't imagine myself living such a life. I know quite a few people like this and frankly, I feel sorry for them.

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

To each his own, I always did say.

It's like the matrix. Would you take the red pill or the blue pill?

Personally, I'm not so sure.

3. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

^Exactly.There's no need to feel sorry for anyone..coz well they like the life they're leading,just like you are.Different people,different priorities.

4. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

True... but would you like to live your life that way?

5. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

To some people Reading appeals more than ***.
    Studying gives some people kick. Workoholics take extra time out to work.

Different people different lifestyles.

I can't imagine myself living that way to answer your question.

6. amitrichardxess

amitrichardxess New Member

:think: :shock: :dance: :mad: ::p: :cool:

7. i'm_not_neo

I don't really know...I pretty much had a life like that..not that I was excelling in academics or anything but I think I get what kind of life you're trying to portray and I'm pretty sure I had that one...and without any friends too!Then I learned to balance it out a bit...but yeah,to be honest that life isn't bad at all as long as the few friends in question are really true friends..and what you're doing is actually giving you pleasure or that you're certain you're doing it for yourself..not for parents,peers or even your ego..

8. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

Just because one is more focussed on academics doesn't mean you have to have few friends. Me excelling in academics has always been a far cry and I still have less than a handful of friends.

9. i'm_not_neo

I thought you said "few friends" on the original post..that's why I was keen on saying that.

10. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

I said hang out with friends every now and then.

Then I said, I know quite a 'few' people like that.

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Honestly? Yes, I could. It's not that bad a life really. It'd be wrong to say they have no interests though. That's what it seems to us hobby type people I should think.