Your National Anthem

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by DesiPride143, Dec 27, 2004.

?

Do you get chills when you listen to your National Anthem

1. Yes

79.3%
  2. No

17.2%
  3. Sometimes

3.4%
  1. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

hello fellow IGTians,
    whenever i listen to my national anthem, which is indian, i get goosbums on my whole body..so i was just wondering how many of you get chills when u hear your national anthem...

Peace

Aziz

2. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

really got a better start to the day, when we used to listen to it every morning in college .. and now i miss it

3. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i never got chills.. i am not a patriotic person.. i do not discriminate based on political boundaries.. with patriotism, if u kill on this side of the border u r a murderer, if u kill on the other side u r a war hero..
    patriotism made 60% of americans believe that bin laden and saddam hussain are the same person..

4. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

I do, we used to sing it everyday in my old school. And it was a brilliant way to start the day, 1000 people including me sang with great enthusiasm and that was simply wonderful so yeah, it does give me chills:)

5. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

I do.. When its sang properly..

6. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Yeah... it always gets me all pumped up... tho i hate it when like someone's cell starts ringin or someone does something durin it...

P.S. Rahman's "Maa Tujhe Salaam" has the same effect.. tho too a lesser degree

7. mani_rawalpindi

mani_rawalpindi GUNS AND GUITARS

every patriotic person should be pumped up after hearing his national anthem

8. Menon

Menon New Member

Mumbai's movie halls play the anthem before a movie and invariably there's one dude who screams "Bharat Mata Ki Jay!" after the anthem finishes..it's brilliant and I'm a feircely patriotic person!
    Jayswami..u talk like what the US citizens think affect us...60% of the US population has an IQ below avge!

Jai Hind
    Menon

9. tejas

tejas ..........

Oh yeah, i do. Don't sing it regularly though, but whenever i do, i feel very proud of my country.

10. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

IQ is worse in india actually 50% illiterates or can just write name types.. plus humans are humans everywhere.. i didnt get your point.. my point was all humans are equal.. i dont discriminate across political boundaries.. for eg if ppl fight over cauvery water.. thats considered bad.. because india is one country.. nationaly integrity.. regional disputess between religious ethnic or diffeent language groups is bad...

then if u fight over jhelum water sharing,kashmir etc.. patriotism suddenly gives that dispute a new flavor.. and suddenly u have the moral authority.. a higher justification.. patriotism.. i dont get that concept.. every country is like that.. like american soldiers killing civilians in iraq are war heroes... patriotism..

11. skaw

skaw snooze

lol , nice thread ... funni ... n i m patriotic n yet not patriotic , if u noe wht i mean ... :p

12. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

i get really enthusiatic....when i hear the anthem. really i do...

@menon and jayswami....dont argue on such things...believe me it will be worse and it will end nowhere....each and every country has flaws and good things abt it. lets talk abt good things :)

13. Chirag

Chirag New Member

Re

Ya . I know . I get pumped up after hearing the National Anthem . Gives me a feeling of great pride.
    @Jayswami , i think u have misunderstood IQ with Literacy . Illiterate people can have very good IQ's and vice versa. u dont have to be a literate to have a good IQ.

I feel we dont have to be anti(any country) to show our patriotism .

14. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

oye swami ji.. chillax :)

Patriotism bole to... feeling of love and devotion to one's own homeland..
    u can luv ur homeland and yet.. not discriminate ppl based on political boundaries .. at da same time..

puhleeez don cum up wid a smart xample 2 prove me wrong :)

15. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

dont get me wrong any one....i dont get the chills............
    i dont belive that jana gana is the national anthem.......wasnt it like .made for KINg Louise V or something..........
    vande matram gives me the chills...and lately azaadi gives me chills