Your First DISTINCT Diminished Chord Song (maybe)

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons, Tutorials & Tips' started by Bandbaaja, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Rey1970

Rey1970 New Member

I won't post anymore on this topic, I got a very good knowledge on sus, aug dim, etc. dyads triads, etc,check out Mukti post on Triads and intervals fundemantals.you do some reading on those topics, what I started to post was a little more advanced, and as I said before I'll do a post with the difference between sus, aug, dim, etc. and simplify it.

2. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

ok ive copy pasted this from muktis post on triads - i dont know how to qoute him from another thread...

A diminished triad will have the root of the chord which is R, the minor 3rd which is 1 1/2 steps above the R, and a flattened or diminished 5th which is 1 1/2 steps above the minor 3rd or 3 steps above the R.

Example: C diminished =CEbGb {Rb3b5 or 1b3b5}. C is the R. Eb is 1 1/2 steps above C, and Gb is 1 1/2 steps above Eb or 3 steps above C.

while i understand wat ur saying is a dimished chord is the same as aminor chord with a flattened 5th - eys thats right - but when u change eihter trhe 1st, 3rd or 5th - u get a new triad - in fact there are 4 triads.. the dimished and minor ones being different triads- the other two are major and augmented...

diminished is similar to minor but in fact is different...

it occurs as the 7th chord in a scale... or the chord asbed on the locrian mode...

minor chords are formed on the dorian, aeolian and phyrgian modes.

major chords on the ionian, lydian and mixolydian modes..

augmented are basically not formed as the 1st, 3rd and 5th of a mode - u mgiht find an augmented chord in a scale, but tis not the 1st, 3rd and 5th of any mode...

thus thos are the4 basic triads or combiantions of 3 notes. if u change even 1 of the 3 nteos - u get a a differnet triad

3. hirubhaiambani

hirubhaiambani New Member

u r a real help to begineers...thankyou