Your Favorite All-Star vocalist who sang Across the Universe At the Grammys

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by jayswami, Feb 15, 2005.

?

Who was your favorite performer at the grammys performing across the universe?

Poll closed Mar 17, 2005.
  1. Alicia Keys

12.5%
  2. Alison Krauss (fiddle)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Billie Joe Armstrong

25.0%
  4. Bono

25.0%
  5. Brian Wilson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Norah Jones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Steven Tyler

37.5%
  8. Stevie Wonder (voc+harmonica)

12.5%
  9. Tim McGraw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Velvet Revolver

37.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

Alicia Keys, Alison Krauss, Billie Joe Armstrong, Bono, Brian Wilson, Norah Jones, Steven Tyler, Stevie Wonder, Tim McGraw & Velvet Revolver

2. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

Notes:

Slash played this cool 12 string les paul - it was so good to see him again in a main arena.

I got nostalgic watching velvet revolver

Duff looked very slim and fit. much better than what he looked a fee years ago when he was at the university of washington seattle, studying.

Scott Weiland looked and sounded like David Bowie.. totally rocked.

Billy Joe amstrong can sing awesome!! go greenday!!!- he sounded closest to john lennon.

Stevie Wonder is a genius. He played the harmonica like fatso from blues traveller.

Alicia Keys had the best improvs.

Bono and Steven Taylor have the best male voice in my opinion.

Norah Jones is the hottest babe with talent across the universe !!! She can be my wife any day! jai guru deva om!!!!

www.cbs.com has the video. please donate for the tsunami victims. Every cent counts.

3. axlrose250

axlrose250 New Member

didnt c the grammys but as im a HUGGGGGGGGGE FAN OF SLASH i pick velvet revolver

4. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

yeah me too.... i couldn't see the grammy's....r they gonna retelecast it?...
    BTW is it the sdame song that Rufus Wainwright covered..?...if it is... then i like the version by him...i hope to see it...

5. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong is a fantasticly underrated vocalist

6. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

^^^ I agree 1000% with you rabi!
    what did u think about scot weiland?! I consider him to be an underrated singer.
    I ve seen him sing like robert plant.. and this time he tried his david bowie act. he sang differently for STP.. and is totally hard rockish in velvet revolver... very talented.

7. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

dudes voting for velvet revolver please justify your votes. at least go to cbs.com and check out the performance first. it seems to me that velvet reveolver is getting votes for being ex GNR

edit notes: the site where u can see the perf is www.cbs.com

8. axlrose250

axlrose250 New Member

you guessed it jay ill go check the site

9. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

never heard of scot weiland, any recommended songs to listen to ?

10. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

he was the stone temple pilots vocalist and now is the velvet revolver frontman.

i would recommend the album core by STP for listening.
    see if u can get a hold of STP ledzep covers like dancing days. he sings them really well.

11. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

come one guys vote!

12. shak

shak Harrr!

i didnt knew what you were on about in this thread jay..until i actually saw the grammys last night!!
    and yeah across the universe was a gooood performance ... brought back some memories...anyways.. i liked stevie wonder ....the harmonica he played was awesome.. ...and alicia keys,gave a nice touch to that song.....bono was just ok ...why? maybe cuz he was missin his fancy effects ... hehehe ... norah jones, i think she had too much to drink , her voice wasn't very smooth, so no points for her..bilie joe was very good .... handled the song nicely and gave it his own special touch...all in all good performance

13. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Billie Joe was good, but Steven Taylor Rules:rock:

14. tejas

tejas ..........

In that Tim McGraw and co preformance, there was this guy, who played the guitar and also sang, i liked his preformance a lot. Dont know his name though. And in any case, i din see the whole thing, i'll check out the rest and then vote.

15. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

^^^ keith urban... the guy with the tele.. he is awesome. another cool american musician u wont hear in india.

16. tejas

tejas ..........

^^Yeah, the guy with the Telecaster. Thanks for the info, i'll check his stuff out.