Your fav song from this list of 10?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by esgallindeion, Sep 17, 2004.

?

Which is your favourite song from the following?

1. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

5 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven

39 vote(s)
    28.7%
  3. Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing

21 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight

4 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. Eagles - Hotel California

41 vote(s)
    30.1%
  6. Beatles - Let it Be

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  7. Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven

6 vote(s)
    4.4%
  8. Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Chile

8 vote(s)
    5.9%
  9. Rolling Stones - Wild Horses

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Elton John - Sacrifice

9 vote(s)
    6.6%
  1. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Just select the ONE song from this list that you like above all else. There shall be many rounds of such polls...

2. i havent heard the others, and i except hotel california nd i had 2 learn it 4 my music lcass :mad: :mad: :mad:

3. i havent heard the others, and i except hotel california nd i had 2 learn it 4 my music lcass :mad: :cen:

4. yeah nd ive heard stairway 2 heaven 2... sry 2 say horrible song

5. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Who ever picked Led Zep over Jimi must really be crazy .LOL..

6. jackdaws

jackdaws New Member

the best is sultans of swing...all the others r good...but i just love mark knopflers guitar work...so thats my choice...

7. tejas

tejas ..........

My choice is Stairway to heaven. One of the best songs ever made..Next would be Voodoo chile.

8. jayanth

I would have thought atleast YOu (Tejas) would not make that mistake.. LOL..

9. esgallindeion

Well, stairway... deserves something more than that, jay... And anyway, guess the forum agrees.

10. jayanth

LOL.. Maybe Over Voodoo Chile?? I DONT think so..

11. esgallindeion

Well... I would call stairway a more complete and majestic piece than voodoo chile, which has an amazing intro riff..

12. prash_rocks

prash_rocks Over the Hills & Far Away

voodoo chile... great song, but as essi said stairway is obviously so much more well-developed and all round and has that epic feel to it, anyday deserves to be all time number 1 classic rock tune (as it is on each and every poll conducted so far on each and every forum i've seen). the most discussed song plus also the most looked up song on every lyrics site and its also the one people still want to know most about (check this page - a great site btw - www.songfacts.com ... just see which song is the top pick for today, then check back 4 weeks later and u'll still find it up there).

individual members may disagree but it's universally accepted as the verdict of the majority that stairway is the best rock tune ever made and the only song to have influenced most rock musicians since then.

btw if i were to pick another one from this list, either of eagles and queen would be a good second choice.

and frankly, i never found much of interest in wonderful tonight.

13. tejas

tejas ..........

Voodoo chile is a great song. But Stairway is an epic. The Vocals, the lyrics and the guitars are awsome. Voodoo chile, well the guitar is obviously awsome (is there any doubt?) but because of plants vocals and lyrics, stairway takes the cake.

14. jayanth

Epic, Majestic, LOL.. Nothing Else matters sounds better than that..

15. jayanth

Its on the list. .Sultans of Swing is anyday bette Than Stairway.. :p

16. prash_rocks

prash_rocks Over the Hills & Far Away

i dont understand what the strings of post belittling stairway and the :p mean here... this poll wasnt made to decide songs better than stairway, it was to decide individual favs from the given list... if its not ur choice so be it, u've named ur own fav from the list and there the matter should end.

sometimes spamming takes on different colours, but just cuz it is by a mod, it would go unnoticed with impunity.

17. jackdaws

jackdaws New Member

thats my opinion too...i would think playing the final solo in sultans of swing is a lot harder than playing the solo in stairway...but again page has his own style...it boils down to personal taste i think...

18. jayanth

Hey Prash yo uangry and all.. chill. I'm trying to be more realistic thats it.. LOl.. Jimmy Page is (Allegedly) a good guitarists.. THats why i said that.. Mark Knophler is Better thats it..

19. tejas

tejas ..........

Well thats your opinion. In my opinion Stairway is better than all of the other songs mentioned on the list. Thats it. End of matter.

20. jackdaws

jackdaws New Member

Let me clarify my stand...i respect Jimmy page as an excellent guitarist and Stairway to Heaven is really good...but in my "personal" opinion mark knopfler is better...thats it...i guess therefore sultans of swing is better again only in my personal opinion...