You know you're Hyderabadi when...

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by aeg0, Apr 28, 2005.

1. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

This one's for all us hyderabadis on IGT :rock:

1. Your address reads as 23-404-32/67A-43 (New MCH number 56-678/4A/B-22), while you actually live in the second house beside ZamZam cafe in lane behind Anand Theatre on SP Road.

2. You end up buying only a Salwar kameez, whether it is a theatre workshop, food mela, consumer expo, designer jewellery show, science show or an automobile convention.

3. Your street has at least one Roadside Mobile Hotel that serves Chinese delicacies such as : "Vegetable soft needles", "NavRotten Kurma", "Chicken Manchurea"

4. Your answer is 'Seeedha Chale Jao' when somebody asks you for directions, whether it is to Malakpet, Masab Tank, Malkajgiri or Moosapet.

5. You come across tailors sporting the board : "Immidiot delivery in two days onli".

6. You can speak Hindirdu, hyderabadi hinglish, except Telugu, FLUENTLY.

7. You ask the waiter to get you some 'Chatney Lao'even if you are sitting at a lavish continental banquet dinner with exotic Chinese, Mexican, Italian and Lebanese cuisines.

8. You order for a 'CHAI" just after having had a Caramel custard.

9. You have at least one cousin, friend, colleague or acquaintance in the US in software.

10. Everytime somebody gives you a piece of good news, the first thing you ask them is "Party kab hain?"

11. Refer to any past as 'PARSO', be it yesterday or long before three hundred years.

12. You call 11 AM as 'SUBAH SUBAH'

13. You label your boss as "DIMAKH KHARAB"

14. You are 15 minutes late and you feel you are on time.

15. You look at the fixed price stand and still ask 'DENE KA BOLO'

16. You are reading this and secretly admitting that you are, after all,a true blue Hyderabadi.

2. madhura

madhura pani poori yum yum ....

he hehehee .....
    nice ones......
    i had one hyd. friend she usually mimics her aunt:

kaha ja rahe ho auntyji ??
    : parso apni naina ke yaha ladki hui thi na, us ladki ki shadime ja rahi hoon.....
    he he hehhee

3. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

^ lol...we just kill it with the 'parsos'

4. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

let tejas, sharath n da rest comment on dis :)

5. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

are non hyderabadis allowed ?

you know...... when....you need to have biryanis every once in a while....

6. tejas

tejas ..........

Hehehe!! Soooo true. We are like that, totally.

That one is absolutely true. Happens everytime.

7. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

hehehe
    does everyone in hyderabad eat haleem and mirch ka saalan? they totally rock man.

8. tejas

tejas ..........

^^Yeah Haleem and Biryani are best made in Hyderabad. We just love our biryani. Infact I had some last night. Yum!!

9. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

WHATS haaleem?

10. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

yeah...hyderabad=the best biryani
    haleem is this dish u make with gound wheat (i think) and chicken. kinda like a paste. sounds weird, but u gotta see it to understand.

11. aleric

aleric New Member

Its normally prepared during Ramzaan. As merqury said its a paste of chicken and wheat. Heard somewhere that it takes almost a day for the preparation. But the end result is mind blowing. Had it couple of times and it was really delicious.

And do I have to say anything about "Hyderabadi Biryani"? If you haven't tasted it, you have missed something.

12. tejas

tejas ..........

Yeah, usually during the month of Ramzaan, they start making it in the morning, and its done by evening time. Its one of the best things I've ever had. I absolutely love it.