You and Me - Lifehouse (Cover)!

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by akkyy21, Feb 5, 2006.

1. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

2. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

ur rabarooooo is very good nd this cover you nd me is good tooooo....reps for ya

3. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Akkyy .. U rockkyy!! :) .. Good cover man .. very melodious .. vocals were cool ;) reps if allowed :)

4. BubblyMartini

BubblyMartini !!!HAWM

Hey!!

u sound cute!
    and your usual cool self...:)

PS will check more of your recordings dear... :eek::

5. vini

vini Repeat Offender

never heard the original of this song...but no worries.
    im sure this did sound equally as good...i simply loved the strumming pattern! decent vocals, you did take care of the technicalities...plz do keep practising! :)

nice one!
    ps-reps if i can

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I'm downloading the original right now...shall comment later.

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Nice vocals. Your voice really suits the song....and you've put reverb I think? It affects your guitar in a negative way but sounds nice otherwise. I'm not sure you've got the chord voicings right on the intro but that's a minor thing as far as I'm concerned.

I really really love your strumming....even when I was looking at the O sanam video today morning I was thinking the same thing.

Nice recording and a nice song. Thank You. You won't get any bitching from me this time around. I only wish you'd put in a small solo where there is a D(?) chord running in the background for sometime around the 2:30 minute mark.

8. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

@ evryone : thnx

@ bjr :
    Abt the reverb on guitars, i know, usually i put it less on guitar n more on vocals, but fuggot to save the files seperately time, so put it on both.

Strummin good kya? thnx

U mean,.. instead of strummin on D,.. i shd have picked some notes? If so, I can never figure out which notes to pick in such cases, any tips?

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

There are lots of things you can do....

The chords you are playing (I'm not sure...I'm just judging by what I heard) are probably C, Am, G, D, Em.....all part of the G scale so you can pick any note from that scale to play "G A B C D E F#"

The arpeggio is always nice to pick

You can alter the chord slightly....perhaps add the Dsus2 and Dsus4 in Bryan Adams' Summer of 69 style. Another shape of D that I like is [xxx235].

You can play a simple double-stop lick (using 2 notes at once on different strings)....these sound beautiful and are rather simple to play usually. Eric Clapton plays a few in Tears in Heaven.

You could play the notes that you would play from the scale using octaves...i.e.- playing the same note in 2 different places at 2 different pitches. eg- [xxx5x8] is a C note played using octaves. This is slightly tougher to do than the other things I mentioned.

You always have options. The difficult part is using them to good effect.

10. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Progg used : G---C---G/F#---G/B---Em---D--- C

If u got time,... record a small demo of some note pickin if possible.

11. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

y is no one lissenin,.. or posting views,....

fukheads :annoyed:

12. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

@akky - have heard you for the very first time -- and all I can say is:
    this one is one of the best I've heard in this forum!
    reps for sure!

13. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

u Rock!!!!:rock:

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Okay, I've divided into certain parts.....I speak as I start using a particular tool. Like I specifically say "Scale, Arpeggios, Double Stops, Octaves" as I use them.

I've totally screwed this up....didn't spend any time on it at all plus it's difficult on a nylon string but I think it can still give you a rough idea of how each one of these tools sound even when mediocrely or poorly used. It's just to try and give you ideas on what all you can do to solo on this.

here you go:

Code:
    https://www.geocities.com/robotpajamas/youandme.mp3

If you have just the guitar part for this, could you send it to me....the last one you sent, your guitar was tuned slightly higher than mine so I couldn't play on it very well :(

15. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

very nice akky.i thought of coverin that:mad:anyways i don't have a mic now.:)reps comin.

16. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Love ur voice dude....

great work

17. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

great voice!!!
    good job!!

18. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

^^ its nice dude......

u sure rock !!...........

19. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Thnks all :)

@bjr :
    Dwnloadin ur mp3, hope it helps the next time am recording sumthin.
    As i said before, i fuggot to store the different files,... so no strummin this time man :(

20. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

@ bjr : fuk u man,.... n u expected me to pull any of that out? :p:

U too cool with the guit,....... :rock: