Yngwie,Vai,Satch

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Theguitarist, Feb 24, 2006.

?

Better than the best:

1. Satch

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Vai

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yngwie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theguitarist

Theguitarist New Member

I have started this thread to express my views on the three virtuoso guitarists and to know yours too.

Yngwie- First of all to people who dont know his name is pronounced as "INGvay".He is one of the world's best guitarist no doubt but imo he is not at all a complete musician.His music is just guitar and keyboard solo's which not fit very good.He does not create music but shows off his technichal abilities.His music does not have the 'thing' in it.Most the lyrics are crap.In all he never made good music.
    His personal life has also not been that good.He insults anybody and i hve read he has even insulted Vai.

Vai - The guy is a genius.His music is what we call good instru music.His compositions are technichal as well as nice to hear.Well sometimes he goes off the road but that too is in the limit of what we call music that can entertain.In all he is a very very talented guy who has done everything with guitar.

Satch- IMO he is a guitar god.He has influenced the whole early 90's era.Having taught Steve Vai, Kirk Hammett (Metallica) and many others who made it to the top.His songs have good tunes which is not found in other rock instrumentalists.He concentrates on making music which people could hear and have fun not just showing off his abilities.He is the only one man show which in rock instrumental actually rocked.

I have also posted a poll so that you people can vote who you think is better than the best.

2. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! NOT AGAAAAAAIINNNN!!!!

3. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

+1000000000

4. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

I hereby propose that conversations revolving around the following topics on Music Talk be banned:
    1. Best shredder: Vai, Satriani, Yngwie, Eric Johnson and any other artist even remotely associated with G3 may NOT be mentioned.
    2. Discussions on Tool and Opeth featuring shubhank and suhas:)
    3. Prog rock conversations that do not move beyond Dream Theater and Pink Floyd.

5. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

thank you for echoing my thoughts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.