Yet another instrumental

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by sridhar11_2, Apr 27, 2006.

1. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

OK here's another one by me. Its actually not fully finished cause i dont actually like the format/structure of this song yet and the rhythm tone just does'nt cut it for me. After the intro there's no continuity cause i cant really programme drums to fade in. It sounds kinda cheesy immediately after the intro but it gets better. And please dont ask me why i named the song "WHY":mad: too many people ask me that. Its just a name forget about it. The intro just feels like "WHY".
    Please let me know if this sounds too much like satriani. I wat to try to eliminate that.

Here it is
    https://www.soundclick.com/sridhar

2. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

the feel is definitely satriani-esque, but i found some elements of good old indian music. tone's pretty good too. overall, nice work. :)

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

It IS Satrianisque.

The Rhythm feel makes it so, and the passages between, where rhythm is clean or rhythm is not there.

But anyway I like the musical composition.
    Somehow it had that 80s Instrumental rock (mebbe cheezy :grin: ) feel to it.

Fast passages are nicely done.
    However, on some slow passage, the leads lags the rhythm (or so I feel) ~02:30.

The wail note starting from 02:45, should have had stronger vibrato (either finger or whammy)

The fast section immediately after sounds fab. :nw: till around 4:00.
    Not that afterwards it goes bad. :grin:

The part around 4:30 sounds little abrupt while slowing down. Dunno why.

The ending chord could have been arpeggiated. But I guess that would have sounded even more cheezy. :)

4. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

@alpha.....Thanks for the comments. If i could work with a drummer i'd probably be able to get proper continuity to the song. I'm getting rid of the ending (4:30>).