Yemaha Guitars?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by apakhira, Feb 6, 2005.

1. apakhira

apakhira New Member

Hi
    Anyone heard of Yemaha (Not Yamaha) Electric guitars? Are they good? What's their price range?

Thanx

2. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

theyre terrible..... dont know about price range - dont even think of them..... i would not 500 rupees for wat i saw..... id consider using it for firewood if the price was something like 50 rupees.....

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

LOL, "Yemaha" Doesnt the name say it all?

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Out of curiosity, I once played this Yemaha acoustic in a store. I should say "Man, what a sound". Just the right guitar to make your enemy hate and quit guitar instantly.

Hey DeathDr_87, mind your words man. You are insulting firewood by comparing with this guitar. ;) Just kidding.

5. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

yeah.brought back memories..
    ive seen a couple of yemahas...
    and played them..
    ur fingers will fall off if u play for 2 mins on them.

6. apakhira

apakhira New Member

OK then its a total no-no. I am a newb and want a cheap but good electric guitar to start with. I have played acoustic for about 2 yrs. now.Cud u please suggest an electric guitar that is cheap but not too bad?
    btw, how are Gibtone, Givson and Hobner Electric guitars.
    and another thing, what makes an electric guitar "good" and another "bad" except the sound quality/tone and action?

7. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Whats ur budget dude?? Im mean seriously u are looking at worst Electric guitars on the planet I suggest u save up some money & Buy a Low in end Samick Rs 7000, Kramer foucus 211 Rs 7800 or Behringer guitar pack incluedes Guitar amp , Strap Picks set of strings etc which is priced at about 8500 Rs .. Or else go in for Tansen Indian Guitar Rs 6000 to 8000 ...

Ninad

8. apakhira

apakhira New Member

Well my budget is around 4K, as i wont be playing guitar seriously, u know ( I am a Keyboardist actually). I have an acoustic guitar with a pickup installed. But 4 some reason the 3rd,4th,5th and 6th strings sound softer (quieter) than the 1st and 2nd. Cud u tell me why? And cud u answer another of my queries:

9. shak

shak Harrr!

the playability, balance, finish, WOOD, electronics, etc. these are the factors which can determine the standard of guitar...but in one way or another they all are related to sound/tone of guitar

10. ronnieanand

Hey, 4K is too low to get a decent guitar. You can get this Gibtone, Givson, etc. but they are worthless. You'd be better off buying a good acoustic guitar for that matter. You can try GB&a, Comet, Java, Lotus as some cheap but ok guitars. You can get it from 7K onwards. You can also look at basic Tansen models for around 7K to 8K.

11. apakhira

apakhira New Member

Thanx. And could u tell me why i am having this problem with my acoustic guitar fitted with pickups which i told u about:
    btw, which is better : a ZOOM GFX-4 or a BOSS-ME50?

12. ronnieanand

The pick up could be of very poor quality. The angle or the height might need adjustment. If it's a local pick up, throw it away and get a peizeo electric pick up fit. This might make a lot of difference.

13. apakhira

apakhira New Member

I have used both good and bad quality picks. I also tested each of the magnets of the pickup by opening it and playing the 1st 2 strings thru each of the magnets. They sounded fine. Could it be something due to acoustic strings? And how do i know if my pickup is a piezo-electric one?

14. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Do you still get ME 50 ?? I have heard great reviews of the Zoom Gfx but nothing beyond that . I think they upgraded the ME 0 to now a ME 55 I played on it but its to expensive I think GT 6 Rocks as far as Boss Multieffects are conisdered. Well Like Anand said 4 K is to little for a good guitar but u can try u might get second hand tansen in that price ... But In 7 to 8 K u will have a lot of choice ..

15. apakhira

apakhira New Member

Well, ok. But how do i know whether i have a piezo-electric pickup?

16. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

pcikups that go across thw strings are magnetic - instead switch to nylon strings - go to a store and ask for a piezo giuotar pickup - its fitted on ur guitaars body as opposed to the sound hole.... (or under the stringas0 - piezos can be fitted anywhere on the guitar as such - but u get nice acoustic tone near the bridge

17. apakhira

apakhira New Member

Thanxk You.

18. sunny_pluto

sunny_pluto New Member

what is the price of boss me50 now? please tell me soon........

19. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

listn dude yemaha is nt that bad...i have played them...they really have thin necks as compared to its competitors...hobmer,givson,grason...and carlton kitto plays yemaha guitar...listn dude just playing fade to black and papa kehte hae doesnt mean that you are world class guitarists...carlton kitto is a famous jazzist...i would say go for it...

20. Torvoraptor

Torvoraptor New Member

which model does he play, and why are you reviving 2 year old threads.