Yeh Dil Maange More

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by dhim, Jul 10, 2004.

1. dhim

dhim New Member

Dear Admins of IGT,

I have been on this site for a while and it sure is good.

I was wondering if we could add some more features so that it gains an edge over other popular guitar sites.

1. Facility to add sound files - MP3 and MIDI could be standards.

2. Chat facility so that a lot better interaction between members and admins is possible and probably would reduce spamming in threads.

3. How about Jayanth or some guests giving lessons that could be broadcasted at a specific hour on the site through web cam or something

4. Video Tutorials for NewBies which can also be made available for a cost on a CD.

Regards,
    DHiM

2. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

i support dhim ,...

3. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Those are all good points, we will look into them. All of your suggestions need a lot of planning, we will let you know if we decide on something solid. Thank you for your feedback.

4. sumit

sumit HaNdS uPPP!!

well i also agree to some points of dhim like .........havin mp3...........and lessons by webcam.... but i dont agree to chat

5. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Hmmm... i don't think the first three points will work out... if IGT were to allow mp3 uploading, sooner or later it will be used primarily for sharing of copyrighted music only... It will become a more or less ghost of audiogalaxy. The addition of chat would probably reduce the amount of posts drastically with ppl prefering to chat rather than post in the forums... the advice given by members to other members wont benefit anyone else that way. The next point, in my opinion would require IGT to become a paysite. And Im sure most ppl wouldn't want that.

6. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

if you make it a paysite not many people would hang around. ... i don't think that was the original idea . .Neo ?

7. sumit

sumit HaNdS uPPP!!

drop the idea of makin it a paysite.........coz u'll find very less no. of ppl to ang in this site.......

8. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

No Paysite.. I dont mind Video tutorials online.. Not a problem with me i got the tools to broadcast.. he he.. Chat would make this one Romantic HUB.. And then uploading mp3's as ESSI said will make this a hub for Piracy..

Point 4 is nice.. But a newsletter would be better.. I dont mind writing tutorials if we are serious about that..

9. dhim

dhim New Member

Some clarifications - By Paysite I mean only tutorials that would be made available on a CD. That too nominal rates. [ I cant find the wink smilye]

I think the point of Chat / MP3 has been rightly pointed out by one of the Admin. We certainly dont want romantic chat rooms and illegal music transfers.

All other members are encouraged to think of any other points.

Thanx to all the admins for considering my points

DHiM

10. nimra_guitar

nimra_guitar New Member

In everyway this site is awesome... though mostly forums are boring and uninformative, but this forum is really different:)
    I suggest that if u add only 1 thing.... which is, every users visible profile, tht how much is the guitar experience which type of guitars we play and all, not the q's like age sex and all, cz they maybe TOO informative for some ppl:)

11. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

He he.. Nice suggestion.. We will look into that..

12. nimra_guitar

nimra_guitar New Member

:) proud to know tht..... thanks for the appreciation and will be happy if u look into this:)