Yamaha Pacifica

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by micraft, Feb 3, 2006.

1. micraft

micraft New Member

i'm the one who wrote the post about the Carlos guitar, since none of u replied, i got another idea.

I can get a yamaha pacifica for 600Dhs, ie like 6500Rs/-, and it is more easy to send that thing through cargo in a plane. It comes with the apmlifiers and everything.

How do u guys travel with ur guitar i plane?

I haven't seen it or played it yet, i just heard that i can get it for that price.
    Isn;t that pretty cheap, temme more about this guitar guys, help me out.

2. micraft

micraft New Member

please give me some comments on this guitar asap.
    If i can i;m plannig on buying this guitar tomorrow.
    But i would really like to get some info on it first.

3. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

It's supposed to be very good quality for the price. I personally dont think you can go wrong at that price.

4. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

^^^i second that...

5. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

actually - thats a price range you can go horribly wrong at.

the pacifica series is a decet series for its price in general. but you msut note rthat you get several differnet pacificas at different prices. i do not recommend the yamaha pacifica that you own. there are not several choices at your price range - ill give you that much. but you mgiht want to go second hand if yore looking at such a low price range - you can get a decent guitar fr that much money. go to a store and ask for their used guitars. almost every store keeps some guitars that other people bring in to get sold. secondly - if you werent sure about buying it - dont do it. one thing you might want to look for is the fretboard/neck of the guitar you are buying. often when the neck/fretboard is of lower quality, it feels slighrly 'sticky' and this really sucks when you are playing later on. ften the fefel isnt very good. you might not notice this the first time you play youll notice it somtime later and youll hate it.

hence i advise - play your pacifica for 2 hours straight, trry other guitars in that pricec range/2nd hand ones for an hour and then switch back - then if youre comfortable - get the pacifica else try another guitar.

6. micraft

micraft New Member

This is what i was afraid of. seriously that there would be lots of versions of the pacifica, and some of them would be dumba**.

Now this puts me into a dilemma, anyways can u guys temme which version of the pacifica u guys own, which are good, and which can be bad.

Is there any website that i can check, i have been seraching but i could only find reviews on just the guitar, like pacifica 112, and overall that thing rates pretty good, and i can;t get info on the amps or the rest of the package.

Can u guys temme details about the rest of the package?

Thanks guys