Yamaha Launched Learing Guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by pravingrane, Sep 27, 2007.

1. pravingrane

pravingrane New Member

This is awesome YAMAHA launched learning guitar for beginners.

If you are thinking of learning to play guitar, you might want to take a serious look at the EZ-AG guitar from Yamaha. Now anyone, of any age, can learn chords and strumming by following lights. Features include a selection of built-in songs and riffs for you to play along with and you can download more songs from your computer into the guitar. In addition to 9 realistic guitar sounds, there are 8 bass guitar sounds, banjo, shamisen and grand piano. It comes with a built-in speaker and headphone jack and can be connected to an external amplifier (optional). An LED gives visual feedback and there are volume, tempo, balance and capo controls. These cutting edge features help overcome many of the objections of beginner guitar players:

https://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/List/ModelSeriesList/0,6384,CTID=500946&CNTYP=PRODUCT,00.html

Cheers,
    ~Pravin

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Crap, such stuff always makes you handicapped IMO.

The only real way to learn swimming is to jump into a swimming pool, the same goes for learning guitars na dother musical instruments.

Futuristic self-teaching guitar with Guide Lights means no sore fingers, no tuning required and no broken strings

WHAT ABSOLUTE CRAP THIS THING IS!

No strings!?
    Then why do you call it a guitar?

3. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

this is the worst thing that can happen to a guitar...sad.....very sad !!!
    HOW THE **** CAN YOU LEARN WITHOUT STRINGS !!!!

ANYONE WHO BUYS THIS DESERVES TO HAVE THEIR FINGERS CHOPPED OFF !!! this is ****in gay !!!

Its more like the guitar you get to play Guitar Hero 2 on the PS !!! lol :)

4. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

Hahahahahahahaaaa!

5. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

We had/have this at Reynolds,bangalore. it=ghey

6. derick-shredman

derick-shredman New Member

i have played on this guitar a lot...its not crap, its a great way to learn chords, excellent for beginners, the tones on it are really good.
    i played some tommy emmanuel acoustic on it and it sounded really good
    and btw you have to pluck the strings to hear the buttons you press.
    ...go and give it a try people

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Picking strings (right hand technique) is just one part of guitar playing.

The other aspect (and in a way most important) is the left hand/finger control, and how you use it to press/bend/hammer/pull/tap/... strings.

Oh and the most basic thing to master while playing a chord is to sound clean, with no clicks and buzz and dead strings.

If there are no strings, how will you learn that?

8. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

good for beginners !!! i bet this thing costsa BOMB, any n00b cant afford to spend all their money on this......

9. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

a stringed instrument usually having six strings is GUITAR...There cannot be any alternative for that... EZ-AG guitar sounds like a CRAP to me.....

10. derick-shredman

derick-shredman New Member

yes its expensive, around 9k i think... it definitely cannot and will not replace the conventional guitar, but its something fun and easy to play on.

11. Shreddy

^It's not even fun :(

12. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Beginners should never take it seriously..........Well looks like it will be a great TOY for my little bro.........Lol...........;-)

13. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

It's a good toy for a techy geek.

But seriously, looking at that thing and not expressing disgust would be nearly a death experience. So ..

WTF!

14. Shreddy

I love gadgets and stuff...but that doesnt work me up one bit.

15. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

It'll encourage more fickle minds to pick up the instruments and learn the same old songs. Only this will make them lose interest a little later as compared to others, and with a marginally larger "repertoire". Ah well, if marketed well it's going to be popular for a while.

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

As a side note, I see ppl using the term Gay/Ghey/... as somethign to describe disgust or revulsion.

17. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Homophobes FTL!

18. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

haha, I'd suck at playing the guitar even more than I do now had I used that to "learn"

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Haha, probably.

Even though I use the term gay pretty often, but then that is used to describe ppl who really look gay - LOL Like Steve Vai, Nikki Six etc ...

20. Shreddy

[start]

ok....now what?

[/end]