Yamaha APX500II OR CPX500 II

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by arunkumarsethi, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

i dont know why i feel that you somehow want the yamaha guitar ;)...if thats the thing go for it...coz its you who wants to play...and if you like the sound of the guitar,the feel...then who are we to force you to buy some other brands

2. arunkumarsethi

arunkumarsethi New Member

@ Razor My max to max budget is 30k may be i can stretch couple of ks as am saving it for few months. That's it. As u said Walden is the right choice but if i go for it i have to buy it blindly through Saptaswara, that i do't want. I called Furtados in the morning they told they can get it only if they have the stock at Head office (Mumbai). For that they will put a mail and wait for the replay it will take 1-2 days (Lame, Can't they call, its available in the website !). If its available then i have to pay 25% of the Guitar cost for order.
    Let me see if they can bring Walden then its good for me i can see and hear the sound before buying.

3. Sumanovo razor

..one thing i would like to mention is...the sound hole yamaha cpx has an oval hole...i 've tried an oval hole guitar...my fingers usually get inside the holes while playing ...coz of the oval shape....we men have the habit of putting our fingers inside the holes... ;) ...i guess saptaswara stocks yamaha also...

4. Sumanovo razor

you can try some other walden guitars which saptaswara has in that particular range of your desired walden guitar you wish to book...atleast you'll get to know the feel of the guitar...and a bit of the sound characteristic which most of the walden guitars possess...

5. Sumanovo razor

hey did you try ibanez artist series semi hollow body guitars...

6. arunkumarsethi

@ Razor, No buddy its not like that . Why i like Yamaha because i have already seen the guitar that's the only reason. Tell me how can i pay 27k without taking a look at least. I really like the Walden G730CE , if am getting it her in Bangalore some where then its bye bye for Yammi.
    Am just a dumb in Guitar u can easily find it out by seeing my questions. All the suggestions r very imp. for me, it really helped me finalizing my choice to last two. Thanks a lot ,really appreciated :)

7. arunkumarsethi

Till the date i visited a lot of places only Onstage have only 1 red Ibanez guitar, its on display. Not yet tried. I like Ibanez AEL and AEG series .

8. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

If you're getting the Walden in Chennai then goin there is not a bad idea at all...

9. arunkumarsethi

Just now i called Furtados Hypercity, They told the final price for Walden G730CE would be 27,880/- and they will let me know tomorrow whether its available in the Head office or not ,1000 bucks extra then Saptaswara any ways if i will go there, i have to spend more then 1000 bucks , so not a bad deal either and here i can also see the guitar before buying. Yeeeh some good news :)

10. Sumanovo razor

go to mumbai ...best place for buying guitars...even bajaao's headquarter is in mumbai...

11. arunkumarsethi

So everyone here suggested for Walden. cool. Its Walden then. Hope i will get it here .
    Thanks A lot guys, where i would have gone without ur support.

Thanks a lot.
    Arun :)

12. arunkumarsethi

13. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I suggested nothin :p

14. arunkumarsethi

Called ,B X Furtado & Sons,Jer Mahal, Dhobitalao, Mumbai 2,tel-02266225454, they told they have the stock and the final price will be 26K(nice), here Furtados is asking 27,880/-, Only for delivering it here 1880 extra. should i bargain for more, but they said it will be the last price not a penny less :(

15. arunkumarsethi

@ rickkkyrich but u said i can go to Chennai if Walden is available ;)

16. Sumanovo razor

.mumbai is damn expensive place as compared to bangalore...so its to better to give few bucks extra and buy it from bangalore itself...my sister stays in mumbai so i would have bought from mumbai itself...but still unless and until you play the guitar yourself ...its not wise to buy one...my sister used to play guitar ...as soon as she lost interest in playing the guitar...i started learning it... :)...i own two semi acoustic both are indian made...one is a custom built one...the brand is yemaha...hehe it has a maple neck with rosewood fingerboard...and dual humbucking pickups..the pickups are ausumn they sustain more than my cort x2's powersound pickups...and its far far better than givson's...you're very lucky that you know the difference between a spanish and a lap string guitar..the time my sister went to buy guitar.she didnt know whether to buy a lap string guitar or spanish.and bought a lap string guitar..later exchanged it with a local made ebanez guitar...which i renamed it to Ibanez with the help of black permanent marker ... ;)...

17. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Ya.. as u wanted to play it before buying right?

18. arunkumarsethi

A guy from Furtados Hypercity called me saying that they have the stock at Mumbai and i can book, it will take 7-8 working days. I am going on 1st to order. 2nd am going home by the time i will be back Guitar will be here too . Nice :)

Thanks All
    Arun

19. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

So do I get to play if I come to Bangalore it since I helped you so much? Alternatively you can pledge your life's earnings to me.

20. arunkumarsethi

Off course u guys r most welcome whenever u visit Bangalore. Pleasure will be all mine.