Yamaha APX500II OR CPX500 II

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by arunkumarsethi, Dec 15, 2011.

1. arunkumarsethi

arunkumarsethi New Member

Hi Experts ,I am a beginner. I want to buy a Electric Acoustic Guitar in Bangalore. My preferaces are
    YAMAHA
    1. APX500II
    2. APX700II
    3. CPX500II

My Budget is around Rs 15K to 20K. Please suggest me which one will be good for me ? where i can buy in Bangalore? and what will be the prices of these Guitars. Thanks in Advance.

Thanks and Regards
    Arun

2. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Never liked the electric Acoustic funda. Go for either a acoustic or a Electric!!!!

3. arunkumarsethi

Thanks for replay,but I stay in Bangalore, Do u have any known dealers in here?

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

There's nothing wrong with an Electro-Acoustic guitar... But what do you intend to play? Influences?

5. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

6. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

go to brigade road...whitefield,jayanagar

7. arunkumarsethi

HI rickkkyrich , As am a beginner i don't have any particular choice of music its all depend upon what and where am going to learn. So can u please help me out with the Guitar i have mentioned above. As u r from Bangalore please tell me where i can get my guitar in good price.

8. arunkumarsethi

@ Sumanovo razor, Do u know any place there "brigade road...whitefield,jayanagar..

9. Sumanovo razor

frankly speaking bangalore is not a good place for buying guitars...the charges are quite high as compared to other places in india...but anyways you may go to furtados ,reynolds...they are quite renowned..furtados hypercity store..whitefield....reynolds inc.New 1/2,59th cross.4th N block,57th cross ,rajajinagar....there's no harm in opting an electro acoustic guitar.but as you are a beginner i wont suggest you to invest so much for your first guitar.

10. Sumanovo razor

you can opt for an acoustic guitar without electronics also.you may use a mic...i know beginners are into amplifying sounds...but for that mic is always there to help you.dont go by looks.go by sound...and how comfortable you are with the guitar...if you are not comfortable with a jumbo. Go for a semi acoustic...you may opt for a jumbo if you are comfortable with it...and yes buy a cutaway one.it will help you later...

11. arunkumarsethi

HI Sumanovo razor , Thanks for the info. I am planning to buy on Jan i will check out the places and let u know the prices. Just want to know that as my preferences- apx500ii is having a smaller body and cpx500ii is a little bigger body which one will help me more in learning ? Thanks in advance.

12. Sumanovo razor

how old are you...size doesnt matter...you should be comfortable with your guitar...go play each and every guitar which comes under your budget...there may be other guitars which are better than the two you mentioned above...it is possible that a guitar cheaper than the apx and cpx model sound better to your ears...play as many guitars as possible...if you like a particular guitar colour and model but it doesnt sound good to your ears then tell the shopkeeper to show another guitar with the same model and colour if he has...usually imported guitars wont have much tonal difference between two same models...but still sometimes it does...

13. arunkumarsethi

HI Sumanovo razor, Am 26. Thanks for the suggestions ,will do the same as u said.

14. Sumanovo razor

check some solid top guitars too...they have a great resonating body...

15. arunkumarsethi

Please suggest any particular brand or model ?

16. Sumanovo razor

see am not going to mention any model name...i'll just mention some good brands...yamaha,ovation,takamine,walden,cort...try to check the solid top first ...and mention your budget ...the shopkeeper will help you to buy a decent instrument...

17. arunkumarsethi

HI All, today i went to few shops (Reynolds, SoundGlitz, SonidoUk) only SoundGlitz have one apx 500ii and they r asking rs 25000, its way too much. They don't have cpx models. Is there any other shop where i can go or can i buy it online? Is it advisable to buy online.

My budget is max rs 20000 is there any other good guitars i can go for?

18. Sumanovo razor

try onstage shop no. 128,brigade road southern portion...btw did you like the sound of the apx series...

19. arunkumarsethi

The salesman played apx500ii and fender t-bucket liked the fender one. Fender one cost 18500/-. Do u have any other suggestions for other guitars ...

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  20. Sumanovo razor

try as many guitars as possible...dont go by brand but by sound quality...you may try brands like takamine,yamaha fg series,ovation applause,cort earth,walden,ibanez.there are so many guitars which lie within your budget..havent tried the t bucket so cant comment on that...