Xedit not running. need help

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by mad_spartan, Mar 12, 2009.

1. mad_spartan

mad_spartan New Member

hey guys,
    i got a new Digitech RP350. but the problem is, Xedit does not start. it gives this error-

https://i42.tinypic.com/70j33s.jpg

anyone know how to deal with it?

please reply

2. zak*wylde

zak*wylde New Member

try referring to the digitech site....i guess the techs over there will be able to help you out

3. 6stringer

6stringer New Member

This is because your windows desktop or laptop has not detected the RP350 as a registered USB audio device, this is caused due to improper software installation. here is what you need to do to solve it. Go to windows control panel and in add remove programs remove the X-Edit Software. Reboot your PC. Then install the Rp350Installer software - available for download from Digitech. Follow the instructions on the software installation wizard, dont plug your USB cable to the RP350 Unit until the installation screen tells you to do it. If you do it before the installer tells you then Windows puts its own drivers instead of the recommended driver distributed by Digitech. If Digitech has a firm ware update available for RP350 run this after the RP350Installer software has completed. Then install X Edit. Now reboot your PC. Once your PC is turned on connect the USB cable between your PC and RP350 unit, windows will detect new hardware and you will see a bubble on your system tray that says New Audio Device Detected, RP350 and then it will say Hardware is ready to use. Start X-Edit and it will work fine. Some times if you PC goes into sleep more, the USB connection will be dead and it wont detect the unit even if you unplug and replug it, a simple reboot should solve the issue. I have done this many times and it works. If you have a problem let me know...