WTB: Looking for a guitar speaker cabinet (1x12/2x12)

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Side_Show_Joy, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Side_Show_Joy

Side_Show_Joy New Member

I've got a Sovtek MIG 30 head incoming....and I'm looking for a cabinet to go along with it.

I know its a long shot here - just putting a feeler out to see if someone wants to sell his/her cab. Loaded/unloaded - does not matter.

I'm in Mumbai - I'll pay for shipping/handling charges.

Feel free to shoot me any questions that you may have!

2. flood

flood New Member

congrats on a acquiring a GREAT head!

i have a pair of 1x12"s that i had custom built, loaded with WGS speakers; one has a reaper in it, the other one a veteran 30. been almost 2 years now and the veteran 30 is still unused. that's going to change tomorrow though under circumstances too orgasmic to reveal on this phorum....

i'm not really sure if i want to part with one of them yet. it's actually a bit unlikely bcause i build amps and would like two speakers to record clips with. OTOH, i haven't used the V30 at all.... if you're still looking after a while, i'll be sure to hit you up on that. just how did you snag that beaut though? they're quite rare, from what i understand. what did you pay for it?

if you're still cabless by the time you get that head (lulz) and aren'T averse to coming to south bombay, you're welcome to bring it over and check it out on the V30 cab - i'll probably have closed the back by then too, for some serious whoop-ass lows.

3. Side_Show_Joy

Side_Show_Joy New Member

I have been on an amp quest for almost 5 years now - already have a Stephenson Stage Hog (its undergoing repairs right now - with Mark in Canada) that I use for my live shows. I pestered a friend of mine to get a Trinity Triwatt kit from the US - which I am yet to build....and then bought the MIG off eBay - it cost me $580 including shipping (~28k). Its with the Indian customs right now - should know its fate soon enough :)

I've been to Ansar's place once - but he is really caught up with orders and he lives way too far away for me to visit him every now and then - I live in Andheri.

Thanks for the cab offer - I'll get my arse down to South Bombay when I get it...

OTOH Mind biulding the Triwatt for me? ;)

4. flood

flood New Member

i'd very much like to build the triwatt! i'd certainly want to be renumerated for the labour though, as you will understand, but yeah, i'd definitely be up for doing it.

$580 IMHO is a *bit* much for the MIG30 - afaik, prices usually range between $300-$500, but i might be gravely misinformed.

your choice in gear is pretty neat. never played the stage hog in person, but i remember the clips being sweet as hell.

PM me with your numbe ror gmail address or something. cheers.

5. Side_Show_Joy

Side_Show_Joy New Member

I know its expensive - bought it for 450...and had to pay 130 for shipping...

But I dont mind it - I'm a big Mike Matthews fan...and he's said personally its one of his favourite amps :)

PM'd ;)