WTB: Electric Acoustic Guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by lord_neo, Sep 28, 2006.

1. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^^^Yup the Washburn seems to be pretty yummy,But the electronics on the Takamine is SOLID.

2. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Umm wasn't your friend the one who was gonna Buy it ?

3. SG1

SG1 "Brown Jesus"

yea i have a Takamine EAN60C Acoustic Electric Cutaway Guitar and its amazing check out the reviews as well .. its one hell of an Equipment duders,
    am posting the pic of the Guitar the original price for this guitar was $1,749.95 but i got it on a sale price of $1,235.95 and its worth every penny i spend.
    and the prices am telling you in Canadian Dollars.

Attached Files:

4. Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo The Boy Genius!

@SG1: What a showoff! Dude first of all its wayyyyyy above his budget. Secondly, it is a classical guitar, while I think Neo is looking for a steel string. Thirdly, ur post doesnt remotely suggest tht u are following the conversation, so zip up!
    On a happier note, its an outstanding guitar. Loved its wide-spanned bridge on Cedar top. Well-spread resonance across the top. Takamines are indeed very beautiful things! Congrats on having this beautiful beast, post some microphone recordings of it if possible. Oops! I got GAS!

@rohit: Dude this place is literally ripping u off! I got the same guitar, with a Washburn hardshell case for $300 including delivery. No doubt its an outstanding guitar, worthy of wayy more than $300, but im sure u can get much better deals within this budget.

@Neo: Dude consider my suggestion. That guitar can literally beat down a Taylor 314ce! Live report, this is! The catch is, ur gonna have to buy em in US only, as F52SWs are rare. Washburn made only abt 850 of em, and they are going out fast. Get em there from Musiciansfriend, and then either deliver them here, or ask some buddy of urs to carry it along here. If not possible, then go to a guitar shop, and try some out. Thats all I gotta say. Peace.

5. rohit

rohit New Member

agreed. electroics on takamines are amazing.their cool tube preamp is very good.

6. SG1

SG1 "Brown Jesus"

Johny i got no words for you but i can just laugh at haterz.
    Peace

7. Johny Bravo

^^ Dude I aint hatin ya. I ws just saying that ur post was quite irrelevant, although impressive. I really liked ur guitar, and im really happy for u to have it. And yea, i AM a bit jealous, but hater? Come on fella!

8. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Johny Bravo@ Thank you for all the information.

I have my eye set on a Takamine now! Any advice on which model i should look at?

Also i called a guitar shop they didnt have Takamine but did have ovation for 18k which they want me to take a look at. What do you think?

9. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

It wouldnt Hurt to just go and have a look,Would it ?

BTW which GUITAR SHOP did u call ?

10. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Dude, if you are going to play the guitar plugged in most of the times, Takamines are awesome but unplugged it's like Takamine's asswipe..

11. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

oh great...anything that does well both ways?

12. Johny Bravo

^^
    I'd scream "Washburn F52SW" in ur face if we were live!

13. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I had already told you. Takamine.....

14. Johny Bravo

Suit urself man, Washburn aint paying me, yet!

15. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

I feel like a rope being pulled by both sides :shock:

16. Johny Bravo

Dont "snap" at me then! Just sayin whts best 4 ur friend. Peace out.

17. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

When did moi snap at you? :annoyed:

I am being framed :p:

Anybody wanna tell me which processor i should buy or should i open a new thread? :boxed:

18. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Sorry Double Post

19. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Zoom G7 :shock:

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I think for processors, there are two distinct categories.
    One is meant for acoustic effects.
    I guess the EQ would be more suitaed for an acoustic tone + reverb delay etc should come as a standard package.

The other one is meant for electric guitars.
    The EQ is more suited to electric tone, and along with the loads of effects, it has overdrive distortion fuzz etc too.

First you'll havta decide which kinda tone you want primarily: acoustic or electric.
    And then lets see what ppl quip in. ;)