Would anyone buy digitech RP500 for 22k

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by thepacifist2013, Aug 9, 2008.

1. thepacifist2013

thepacifist2013 V.I.P Member

A digitech RP500 for 22k? A relative of mine bought it a month back from Europe for 340Euros and doesn't want it, because he's going tor further studies to US. He's ready to sell it at the same price, which comes to about 22k INR. The pedal is a best seller btw.

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

I wouldnt...i'd just get 3k more and buy XT..
    Why go for anything thats not top of the line(That would be the GNX series for the Digitech..)

3. thepacifist2013

GNX is the DAW. This is not a DAW, and neither is pod XT series.
    Btw, I A'Bed it alongside the xt and it beats the crap out of xt in amp modelling.
    The only thing one might find in this is that the distortions are not powerful enough for metal, and the xt is full of them.

4. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

GNX is a Digital Audio Workstation?? :)

5. thepacifist2013

I take my words back. :)
    The GNX series has some features which belong to higher end DAW systems like multi track recording, looping and some others I don't care to remember.

6. thepacifist2013

I dunno, but is the price too steep? what would be a decent selling price for this?

7. D_minor7

D_minor7 New Member

Price too steep..

hey you can get a new xt for 22k...i checked recently....so the rp500 needs to be priced a lot lower...the rp looks awesome btw....

8. thepacifist2013

are you talking about the POD XT or the xt live? If xt, then the US prices of an XT and the RP500 are same. Bajaao shows xt live at 26k.

9. thepacifist2013

So really guys, any buyers here? Quote me a price you think is decent I can ask the guy if it'll be ok with him.

10. thepacifist2013

would 20k be good?

11. thepacifist2013

bump ! the RP500 is still up for sale, I ended up buying it from him and don't need it anymore. again happy to negotiate a price.

12. Harsh Kumar

Harsh Kumar The Official IGT Jester

17k for rp500

13. insatanity

insatanity New Member

Brand new RP500 is available in US for around Rs 14K. Better to look for someone coming down. For messing around with a processor, RP255 is more than sufficient. In US it costs around 7.5K; I asked Furtados for the price and they quoted 14K for it.