wot do ur folks have2say abt guitar?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by vini, May 26, 2005.

1. vini

vini Repeat Offender

OUR FOLKS!!​

I have started this thread so that we all could share the reactions, perceptions, feelings of our parents about us learning or playing guitar....do they yell at u.. "lower the volume..will u"..or do they say.. "u have nothing to do but stick to ur guitar" !!

what do they say??

My parents were initially not ready to allow me to learn guitar..but somehow i managed..to work it out..then they always used to get pestered with me ting tinging with guitar all the time..lol..but since my dad saw me in my first concert..hez very impressed..and now encourages me..but still m not supposed to practise guitar after 12pm..huuhahah

Hope u guys..r not finding this thread of mine nonsensical..if ur ..then u may ask mods to close it or post ur says abt wot ur folks say or do!! :p:

tahda!!

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

my folks supported me when i started playing guitar.
    now they say i spend too much time on it.

3. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

When i started playing i had a lot of support..... NOT in terms of cash.... even now i have a screwed up guitar which my friend had dumped some time back...... But they were fine with it and wanted me to learn...
    BUt the trouble came later... when i used to play it for 12 hours a day (After my Graduation)... they got so pissed off listening to the sound the entire day... they started making fun of it!!!!! Now its fine i live away from them so no probs......

4. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

My mom gets really angry with me playing the guitar and not studying during these holidays. She tells me to play nice "soft" songs instead of learning metal. :annoyed:

5. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

my folks have given up on me...so i do wat ever i want... :beer:

6. Taifi

Taifi New Member

well my mom and dad have no problem if i play the guitar...and my mom even bought me a new semi-acoustic a few weeks back...

7. silent_dragon

silent_dragon Immortal guitarist

i've got no probs with my parents for playing my guitar as long as i do my studies regularly n get good marks!!:rock:They r extremely supportive n has even motivated my sister to learn piano.She has been learning for around 3 years now from a korean lady!!!:p:They give me everything i ask them for!!!

8. Quadrophenia

Quadrophenia Member

when i had the urge to buy the guitar..my siblings..all of em elder to me thought it was a stupid idea..and made fun of me...saying it wud be eating dust in some corner of the house with its strings broken!
    its funny 3 years from then..they're all impressed that i can play..as a matter of fact bought an electic..and theyve come to terms with the idea.!

9. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

When i started playing the acoustic, my whole family laughed at me, now only cousins do, my parents have gotten to terms with the idea that whatever they say, i will still continue learning the guitar, now my cousins, well, they're pieces of crap, so i dont really care. i just go on playing for whom the bell tolls and time marches on........

10. guitarangela

guitarangela gran'ma

When i first started playing guitar, my father was like why didn't u study violin or other instruments. But after my first concert, like newbie_vini, he was impressed too.

11. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

my parenrts have been incredibly supportiev especially financially to my guitar obsession...

spent over 50k on gear so far... maybe even close to 60k.

they ahte the noise though....

12. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

i summed up money to buy guitar......it took me 3 yrs to sum up....now i gonna get elec .one
    my freinds says u always stick to guitar....dont u hav other things to do....

13. guitarangela

guitarangela gran'ma

My friend says that too because she can't play guitar.

14. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

ma dad hates it when i play ma guitar although he knows dat people love ma guitar and singing and ma maa doesn't seem to care.... :)

15. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

lucky u too...ma dad has been to so many of ma gigs but he still tells me to give up guitaring... :cry1:

16. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

same here buddy..........am the outlaw......