Worst Singers

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by shsnawada, Dec 4, 2005.

1. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

I've seen infinity (and counting) threads about singers, but here's a therad especially for rants. So, who are the people who you thought that they'd be better off without singing? please only mention people who are singers in a band. I dont want answers like "MEEEE".

The first person i can remember is Andrea Ferro from lacuna Coil. That guy cant growl and cant sing either. He doesnt seem to care about that fact, and kills both styles.

Mike DiSalvo.

2. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Mike DiSalvo?!?! Come on man, he wasn't THAT bad. Ok his occassional "Yo yo yo Im Hardcore" kinda style got annoying, but still!

I pick King Diamond, he never ceases to annoy me.

3. shsnawada

Hehe, expected this from you. Maybe he isnt one of the WORST singers but he annoys me. Sort of neutralizes the might of the instruments. I will check out King Diamond.

By the way, i didnt pick Mike for the worst. Just listen to Andrea Ferro in a live situation and you'll know.

4. tejas

tejas ..........

That Trapt guy. I dunno which song it was, it was on the punisher soundtrack, heard it at a friends place...he was horrible there. Couldnt sing in scale for more than 2 seconds. Hmm...then the staind guy is very annoying. And of course the linkin park guy. Hes the worst ever. Lot of Nu-metal as you can see.

5. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

JAMES LABRIE ( dream theater ) ...this guy sings worse when he's live ....!!

even Phil Anselmo..sings badly during his gigs...but u can forgive him :p

6. shsnawada

^^ Was he on "train of thought"?

7. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

yeah ..he was in all of dream theater's albums

8. shsnawada

Oh....ok. Then i agree with you :beer:
    Damn, bitching about singers is so awesome even though i sound like a caveman. :grin:

9. Mr. Scary

Dani Filth should be somewhere on the list.

10. shsnawada

^ Very True. Damn, so many people on the list. Oh yeah and i forgot the vocals on dying fetus, intestinal disgorge.
    And for the worst female vocals in music (a lot of you might disagree here) IMO is tarja turunen. At first her singing was just annoying to me. Now it sort of "grew" to be just funny (not intentionally). I just laugh whenever i listen to nightwish nowadays.

11. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hahah...nice thread.
    Hmm, the Nile guy, the Six Foot Under guy get under my skin. So does Labrie when he sings(rather oversings live) and so does the Symphony X wala.

But most of all i hate that piece crap Chris Cornell.... ....Rage kicked ass!

12. shsnawada

:shock: Karl Sanders ?? Chris Barnes?? Dallas Toler-Wade ??

13. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

yeah..lol, waisai i had to really think hard to get these guys ..(remember, its my opinion..lol, so it doesnt mean im right (which i am :) ))

14. Mr. Scary

KARL SANDERS WILL SIT ON YOU!!!!11111 ThEN! YuO=DiE! ok?

15. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

that aerosmith ah.....taylor or whatever his name is...
    the nile guy sucks tooo

16. Mr. Scary

Nile > all of you.

17. shak

shak Harrr!

the guy from dream theatre is bad .. really bad ..
    the lead singer of the band creed ... i would love to kick his balls in someday
    franz ferdinand singer ... would love to do his retro head in sometime
    and well .. i dun think we have many oldie goldie lovers here .. but tell me something guys .. have you listened to the original "stayin alive" by beegees?.. that song is the ultimate rape of ears .. i just cant stand it when that guy sings ...
    the darkness lead singer ... what ever his name is .. i can kill him 100 times without takin a notice
    i mention all these people cuz everyone was concenrating on rock/metal genre ..
    anyway .. i'll continue ..
    i cant stand eminem .. his nasal voice is unbearable ..
    oh hell .. why am i wasting my time here thinking of silly half ass punks ..
    good thread shs ... i am out tho

18. shsnawada

Word. Nile > (All of you put together)^(All of you put together). (Only applicable to positive values)
    Grammar rule: Do NOT use the word "nile" and a negative adjective, verb or noun in the same sentence. The only exception: The last sentence ;)
    I guess we just have to wait for dmf.
    "dmf: savious of nile" - me
    "Nile: Saviours of death metal" - dmf

19. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Andrea Ferro, Rob Thomas, Scott Strapp, the dude from Train, James Blunt, Fred Durst, The rapper from Linikin Park, Nelly Furtado, Eminem, Kelly Clarkson, Michelle Branch, Alicia Keys and many more

20. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Haha..awesome thread
    Speaking of LaBrie...theres this bootleg concert vid I have of DT with Queensryche...and Geoff Tate sings 'The Spirit Carries On' on it.
    He is SOOOO much better than LaBrie..they should fire LaBrie asap and hire him
    I just bought Octavarium btw and it is extremely disappointing:-(