Worst band name...

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by cYpHeR, Jun 16, 2005.

1. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

which band do u think has the worst name.......

there hav been so many...like
    goo goo dolls
    right said fred

n mny more.........

2. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

BLur

3. ajax_ds

ajax_ds STRIDER

Deep Blue Something

4. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

hav a huge list, Backstreet boys, boyzone, boyz2men, ......... hell lotta em....... among bands that play proper music it would be........ lemme think..... I give it to Linkin Park......

5. sanat_satan

sanat_satan New Member

limp bizkit- i think it means jackin off to a fire cracker

6. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

thermal and a quarter

7. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey Thermal and a Quarter ...... comes from the sentence Three Mals and a Quater Mal .............. Mal mean Malayalee ....... The Band consisted of 3 Total Mals and a another who had Mal links......

8. ats

ats Oldie

mine would be blink 182.

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Heard of Death Gore Band Names. They are absolutely horrible.

A.N.A.L C.U.N.T : Slipknot band members were previously playing for this band. Seth Putnam the vocalist of this band had colloborated with Pantera as guest vocalist in their album The Great Southern Trendkill. This band has some real rocking numbers. Check this number "Suck Your S.hit Of My D.ick".

A.N.A.L V.O.M.M.I.T

Plenty of such horrible names.

10. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

foo fighters !! what is foo supposed to mean and what are they fighting for ??

11. vini

vini Repeat Offender

some singers as well as bands wid stupid names :-

3rd eye blind
    babyface
    smashing pumpkins
    def leppard ( not worst but wierd)
    paparoach
    alien ant farm
    cardigans
    corpses as bedmates
    fatal sneeze
    ac/dc
    puff daddy
    wet wet wet
    toad the wet sprocket

......this is irrespective of their music..afterall vr just talking abt der name :)

tahda!!

12. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey check it up before u post.......... Foo means some shooting star or some sort of fire created by and astroid...... So guess the name means something......

13. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

watever couldnt they think of a better name ......
    i think tat they were searchin for kurt in some astorid hopin to have the same success as nirvana ..... lol

14. vini

vini Repeat Offender

vr not talkin abt the meanings here..guys!! just plain stupid/wierd/worst NAMES..heehe

tahda!!

15. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

balle balle boys...........

16. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i know that. and i knwo of bruce lee mani too.

and i think their name sucks.

as do most of their songs except 7ish and the title song of Jupiter Cafe (do u knwo how this song got its name) - thogh the rest of the jupiter cafe album sucks too more or less.

17. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

yes very prudent of you to add that last line... some of these stupid named bands did dish out some nice music.

btw... is ac/dc stupid with its full form too.. of just when expressed as a short form?

18. vini

vini Repeat Offender

thanx for calling me prudent :) heehe..and yes ofcourse ac/dc in full form as well as short form is kinda stewpid and funny.
    alternate current/direct current.. :)) ..i hope m rite..my technical knowhow is not much gud though

tahda!!

19. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

ac/dc = anti christ / devil's child... stewpid and funny indeed !!

20. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

The name "AC/DC" (alternating current/direct current) was suggested by their sister Margaret after she read it on an electric sewing machine's label. The term has a bi***ual connotation that they were supposedly unaware of initially. Public response brought it to their attention. This public perception was exacerbated by their early "glam rock" image, which included satin jump-suits (common rock attire in the early '70s) and other costumes including Angus' schoolboy persona. Note: Many bands adopted a deliberately theatrical and androgynous look at the time, including Malcolm's heroes The Rolling Stones and Marc Bolan. An alternating current (AC) is an electrical current, where the magnitude and direction of the current varies cyclically, as opposed to direct current, where the direction of the current stays constant. ... Direct current (DC or continuous current) is the continuous flow of electricity through a conductor such as a wire from high to low potential. ... A modern machine (Singer Symphonie 300) A sewing machine is a mechanical (or electromechanical) device that joins fabric using thread, in a manner similar to manual sewing. ... Bi***uality is a ***ual orientation characterized by esthetic attraction, romantic love and ***ual desire for both males and females. ... Glam rock is a style of rock music popularised in the 1970s, and was mostly a British phenomenon. ... If referring to a flower, see disambiguation under bi***ual Androgyny is the state of indeterminate gender, or characteristics of gender. ... For other uses, see Rolling Stones (disambiguation) The Rolling Stones in 1964 The Rolling Stones are a British rock and roll band who rose to prominence during the mid-1960s. ... Marc Feld (September 30, 1947 – September 16, 1977), better known as Marc Bolan, was a singer and songwriter for the band Tyrannosaurus Rex and later T. Rex, from 1967 until his death in a car crash in 1977. ...

Some have suggested that the name stood for "Anti-Christ/Devil's Children"; though this is certainly not the case, the rumour has long persisted both among critics who, already disliking the band's image, use it to paint the band as Satanists, and among some fans who, especially in the 1980s, enjoyed the counter-cultural offense such a meaning would cause. Christ, from the Greek in english known as Χριστός, or Khristós, means anointed, and is equivalent to the Hebrew term Messiah. ... The Devil is the name given to a supernatural entity who, in most Western religions, is the central embodiment of evil. ... Satanism is a religious and philosophical movement whose adherents recognize Satan as an archetype who all humans have some characteristics of, and Satanists celebrate aspects of human nature represented by the Satan archetype. ... Events and trends The 1980s marked an abrupt shift towards more conservative lifestyles after the momentous cultural revolutions which took place in the 1960s and 1970s and the definition of the AIDS virus in 1981. ...

On 1 October 2004 Melbourne's Corporation Lane was officially renamed ACDC Lane in honour of the band (street names in the City of Melbourne cannot contain the "/" character). It is near Swanston Street, the location where the band recorded their 1975 video "It's a Long Way to the Top". October 1 is the 274th day of the year (275th in Leap years). ... 2004 is a leap year starting on Thursday of the Gregorian calendar. ... Melbourne is the capital and largest city of the state of Victoria, and the second largest city in Australia, with a population of 52,117 in the City of Melbourne (which covers only the central city area), and 3,488,750 in the Melbourne metropolitan area (census 2001 [1]). The... The City of Melbourne is a Local Government Area in Victoria, Australia. ... Swanston Street, looking north from the corner of Bourke Street Swanston Street is a major thoroughfare in the centre of Melbourne, Australia. ...

The name AC/DC is pronounced one letter at a time, although the band is nicknamed by its Australian fans as "Acca Dacca".

One country music band has named themselves Hayseed Dixie, as a parody of the AC/DC name. In a similar vein, a German AC/DC cover band call themselves AM/FM.

frm da net.....