Worm Causes Suicide: Video

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Dec 19, 2006.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Gordian worms live inside crickets for long periods, feeding on the cricket's diet. Once fully grown, they inject chemicals into the cricket's brain, brainwashing it and forcing it to kill itself by jumping into water. Once in water, the worm wriggles out of the writhing body and swims off in search of a mate. Article published in Apr 06 Nature magazine.

Check the video

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Yeah i saw that, f'n weird and spooky. Imagine if the worms evolved to start infecting humans. :shock:

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

There's a gory hollywood flick in that idea.

4. d_ist_urb_ed

I dont believe so...how scary is dozens of human beings walking straight to the water and drowning themselves, and then the worms come out and have an orgy? It'll be funny at worst.

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Anyone seen Dreamcatcher based on Stephen King's novel?

6. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

^Yeah, the novel is better.

7. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

^ 10x better I'd say.

How about this for a parasite?

alpha1 likes this.
  8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:shock:

Oh my fucking GOD!

9. SG1

SG1 "Brown Jesus"

Okay this thread is getting way to scary for me ... poof

10. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

11. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

Bad bad movie although i like stephen king's work

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Damn!
    I expected to see it in action as quoted by me:

13. thehundredthone

14. shak

shak Harrr!

@topic: thats from last week's BBC's nature programme, saw this one live, absolutely beautiful! nature at its best!

.. you know .. i dont get it? how is this all, weird, or ewwww, or spooky or nauseous? ... i think its rather, a spectacular testament to the nature's ingenuity!
    i know i know, having a fish wriggling up your penis would not be a comfortable experience, still ... just imagine! never in a million years can one come up with something that original as that!!

i wish darwin was alive today ... ;)

[EDIT] .. as for the gore flick .. yes please, i would like to see 'plants' rise out from the skulls of dead, dry and rotting humans, and then the 'plants' would just stand there spreading the spores while we sit there for 2 hours watchin the splendid dance of 'spores in air' ... jk

15. d_ist_urb_ed

Shak....you are a weird man....

16. shak

shak Harrr!

^ i'll take that as a compliment my good sir!

17. thehundredthone

^ I read that Darwin comment on some other site you copycat!! :p:

18. shak

shak Harrr!

meh .. i didnt .. but that comment isnt 'that' clever anyway .. i was watchin this episode on BBC with my sis and ma dad and we were all comparing it with darwin's theory .. so i guess any high schooler can make this exact comment .. nothing clever in this .. though i AM a copycat!! i copy a thousand things everyday *grin* .. and no one flicks a tosser .. haha