World space radio India

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Apr 2, 2006.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Has anybody subscribed for world space radio in India. Is it worth it?

2. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

My brother in law has....he isnt raving about it

3. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

A friend of mine has. Its ok if u want music at one place....u cant use it when u are moving. The quality is quite good and the RJs dont blabber much.

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

It is not exactly a real waste of money.

1. It needs to be stationary, that means you can keep it moving (like on car)
    2. The set will work on only WorldSpace. Suppose this WorldSpace goes bust, you have a perfectly useless piece of gadgetry left.
    3. The subscription (for first year is free) rate for anything is toatlly unjustified. Any subscription rate simply means that htey are not getting enough advertisers.
    4. I didnt liek their choice of music/songs.
    5. The audio bit rate is not very high - it is equivalent to 96-128kbps mp3 audio. It sounds well, but not as good as I want it to be.
    It just beats FM you can say.
    6. Clarity is good. and the signal may weaken only during the solar spots (which anyway aint taht frequent).

In all, good if made very cheap, with no subscription.

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

hmm I prefer a MP3 player...unless they have some really hawt RJs.

or when at home or work...maybe internet radio.

6. shantanukr

shantanukr yEh DiL mAanGe m0rE

my father has WORLDspace radio installed at his office. What i felt about is, the songs are beautifuly categorized and sound quality is good.

But when it comes to price i think its too much for listening to songs As we do have quite better options available like MP3s and freely downloadable songs...

:cool:

7. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

saale all you care about is 92.5 after 1800 hrs...:p:

8. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

**sigh**

9. tejas

tejas ..........

Got it at home. Mums really interested. I dont listen much, unless I'm really bored. Got a few good stations though. And it has become cheap now. So I wouldnt say its a waste.

10. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

My office has very generously gifted all employees free WS radio and 1 year subscription..but I am yet to get it installed (after 2 months:eek::)...