wnt to have a new electric guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by abhi.danej, May 15, 2007.

1. abhi.danej

abhi.danej New Member

oh ok. i'll check out pacifica 112 again..shayad wo final hai :). ya tallkien thts the one i'm talking abt too. and one shop wala told me abt a combo of RGX+amp of 16k. will check out tht too.
    any inputs fr bajaoo.com ?
    i wanna try the ibz (GRG270, and some other model ) ~15k, and 11.5k. once more. coz they bth hav 2H+1C.
    and some one knws any store whr i cn try washburn n mg15cd marshal ?? in delhi.
    thnx n cya

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Abay, go to Onstage.

Convice them that you really wanna buy a guitar. That you are serious.
    They would help you.

3. abhi.danej

abhi.danej New Member

arre yaar i wnt there, lekin uske paas yamaha hai hi nai ! bt i'll go again mayb on monday. and chck out other things. :)

4. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

I think the GRG and GRX series are the low end Ibanez' people are trying to steer you away from. They don't come close to the yam in terms of quality. But it's up to you

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hey, one thing.
    If your budget permits, you can go in for some cheap BOSS/Digitech Overdrive or Distortion as extra.

DS-2 would be pretty good actually, you can even gig with it when you become pro :p:
    This guy is in Delhi, and selling it off: https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=29724
    Ask him for a demo using that pedal only, before buying.

6. abhi.danej

abhi.danej New Member

hi

i chckd out these washburns

N1 signature series - 2H,whammy bar, all wood color, volume knob, NO tune knob. cost ~ 12500
    WI14 - 2H, NO whammy, tone and vol knob cost ~ 13500 (sounded the bst to me)
    X11 - 1H+2C, whammy bar, 5 tone switch,maplewood neck, 10500

(all playd on mg15cd)

i liked WI14's sound the most but it doesnt have a whammy bar :(.
    other thing i noticed in washburns is tht their neck is pretty thick and wide wrt others. now i'v been playing on givson crown and it has a narrow and thin neck and my hand is adjustd to play on tht.
    i also tried ibz gio (12k) which has thin and narrow neck, but wshburns clearly had a better sound and better distortion.
    guys pls tell me hw doest this neck width and thickness matter ? i knw its a personal opinion, but still inputs are welcome. hw abt things like speed of playing and all holding the neck in thick and wide case...and is this jumbo fret ?
    mg15cd ws qouted as 4500 and i liked it.
    zoom2.1u = 3500 (bt i dnt think i'm buying any processor for now)

thankx

7. Kevin Ferdinand

Kevin Ferdinand New Member

Sorry...for replying late....but dude..as far as ur budget is concerned...i got some stuffs in maa mind just check it out and see whether it works for u or not.If i were in ur shoes i would definetly go for Ibanez grg 270dx which comes for 16k here in mumbai....but i think u'll get it for 15k there.......as far as the amp is concerned....go for Marshall MG15CD Amplifier which will cost u around Rs.4,800 to Rs.5000......and as far as distortion pedal is concerned......plz for god sake dont go for zoom ones....either go for digitech or boss.....i recommed Boss ds-1 will the the best for u...it will cost around 3k...
    If its more than ur budget...then go for..Ibanez grg170dx Which will come for 12.5k and Marshall MG10CD which should come for Rs.3000 and can go for the same distortion pedal....i mean the Boss DS-1 ......

...Best Of Luck