wnt to have a new electric guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by abhi.danej, May 15, 2007.

1. abhi.danej

abhi.danej New Member

hey there. hope u r doing fine.
    i wnt to get a new electric guitar + amp + processor (if in budget). my total budget is 18-20k. i stay in noida.
    the other day i wnt to delhi and checkd out the following

yamaha pacifica 112 (2 coil pickup, 2 humbucker) ~ 11-12k
    fender squir strat (3 c) ~ 9.5k
    Ibanez [cudnt remember the model] (1 c, 4 h) ~ 11.5k
    Ibanez GRG 270 (1 c, 4 h, floyd rose) ~ 15k
    fender also has a combo for 13k...squir strat+amp 10/15watts.

hw is washburn and slammer ? if i can find 'em at any store in delhi.
    i didnt check anyother models of any company. went to on-stage, and most of the shops of dariyaganj. yet to check on bharat.
    i wnt to get a decent amp too - around 3-4k. my frnd suggested me to go for marshall 12w. hw is it ? pls tell wt are the othr options widin this range.
    one store told me to go for zoom 505 processor. i dnt knw hw is it. though tht can be looked into later.

please suggest wht cn be the good options fr me ? processor can b skipped for now. i'll buy 'em as soon as i make up my mind.

thnkx everyone

2. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

dude.................go for a fender if u cn.............nt a squire ne oder.......................................
    dnt buy a zoom 505 .......... its a total waste of money.....................go for a processor by korg, digitech, or boss............................dnt buy a marshall........... 12 watts is too less............................try stranger or laney...............................................

washburn is a hot choice if u can lay a hand at dem...............................

3. abhi.danej

abhi.danej New Member

fender, which model shd i get ? and at which store will i find it ?
    korg processor is good (my frnd told me so) what wud it cost ?
    regarding amp....shopwala told me tht diff company's same watt sound diff ! he he...hwz fender's small amp ? mayb 15w ? stranger amp is very common at stores and is cheaper too. can u tell in detail abt the laney amp ? any specific model ?
    and u r in delhi too. pls suggest a store to find this stuff.

4. fatbax

fatbax New Member

hey u cnt get a fender 4 20k!!!!!!!!!!!
    go in 4 yamaha pac with a laney lx-12(3k)

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Pacifica is fine.
    Forget about the Ibanez

Dont even think about Zoom505. Save and buy something better later.

If you buy Pcaifica, you will still have some 5-6K left.

For that amount you can have a look at Marshall MG15CDR or some Roland Cube (forgot the model number)

Even Laney's are decent for the price.

Since, you talk about Onstage, go there and try each guitar/amp personally.

6. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

the best guitar for you would be the one tht feels and sounds the best to you... like alpha said, try each and every guitar in ur price range and buy the one tht feels and sounds the best... just stay away from low end ibanez.. they are shit with just an ibanez logo..

7. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

if ure looking for a processor, im selling a korg ax1500g for 8k :)

8. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

^ Good Processor that one. I'd buy it, but I'm buying an amp.

9. abhi.danej

abhi.danej New Member

guys thnks for all the valuable inputs :). so now one is sure i guess:

No ibanez. right ?
    regrading pacifica...most ppl are saying yamaha is so-so :(.
    no1 talked abt fender squir strat ~9.5k ?
    and yes hwz is washburn (X11 and WI14) and whr to find it in delhi ?
    dont u guys think there are less options for decenct guitars under 13-14k range ?

zoom505 is out i think ! hw is korg in low range ? like 4k ?
    raj my budget is half of tht cost ! so i guess no scope :)

Marshall MG15CDR, wts the price ?
    rolland, whr to get it ? and i read abt microcube or microtube :) is it a rolland model ?

i request someone to tell whr to find this stuff ? i'm running out of stores.
    thanks again

10. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

yamaha pacifica is the best in its price range..,squier strats are also pretty decent..i'd go for a pacifica if i were u.

and i dont get it with people saying 15w isnt loud enough. ive had a marshall 10 watter for almost 2 and a half years now. its still working damn decently and i couldnt reccommend anything more perfect for home use, unless u want to get ur neighbours on ur case, dont spend tons on a solid state amp unless its a Hughes & Kettner :) (dont even think about finding one of those here)

id suggest not to put in 4k for a crappy processor..save some more and buy a good one, in the equipment world patience is a virtue and it yields very good results.

my suggestion to you would be - Yamaha Pacifica 112(around 11k i think)+ mg 10 or 15cd(3k for 10cd and 5k for 15cd i think) + save some more and buy a good processor. if u buy the 10cd, then ure left with 6k, invest 2-3k more and buy a decent processor. it will really help u out once u start playing with a band and in live situations. i'm talking from experience.

11. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

and i'm sure u can get all of the above at onstage or bharat(lajpat nagar) or bhargavas(daryaganj)

12. abhi.danej

abhi.danej New Member

thanks raj. wt bout fender strat and washburn ? onstage doesnt keep yamaha. isnt thr a beginner processor above zoom505 and in 3-4k range ?
    opinions please ..

have a nice day

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Fender strat is out of your budget.

Squier is a brand owned by Fender, so you can in a way say that you are playing a Fender, when you play a Squier.

:p:

14. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

and squiers are quite good for the price.. they are better than washburns and aria's and LOW END IBANEZ.. dont know about yamaha.. havnt played one yet...

you wont get a good processor in tht price range.. i would suggest wait for some time and gather some cash and buy a better proccesor

15. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

come to kol man....u can get a new ax1500g for 10k....ax3000g kor 12k...and zoom g9.2tt for 15k[:d]

if u are optin for palyin metal.....dont buy korg...

squire california series.....not bad...8.5k i guess....pups are bad....ibanez 270dx is good accrdin to me....dunno bout yamaha..

16. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

pups will be bad in any low end guiatr...

17. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

not so. Yamaha's lowest end pacifica (112 I think) pups really impressed me. Both the singles and the humbucker were really rockin...

Not as powerful as the Ibz types but much sweeter sounding

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Who says Korg aint good for metal?

Anyone ready for challenge?
    I have Korg ax100G. And it can mighty well do metal.

OFcourse it CANNOT sound thin and shitty like Boss MT-2. So if that's your idea of metal tone, then Korg definitly cannot do it.
    But if your idea of metal tone is something like SLO or JCM800, then Korg can emulate it pretty easily (and rather good at that too)

Pickups start mattering only when your playing is really clean/tight and pro, and when you have improved everythign else in your signal chain for the better tone.
    Ofcourse, if your pickup's are buzzing like bees everytime, or there is some scratchy noize coming on n off then there is some problem. Otherwise, you need a good quality gear inorder to really make a difference in good quality pick ups.

19. abhi.danej

abhi.danej New Member

i ws hoping to get humbucker, which is availabl ony in pacifica (2H + 2 C), in tht range. an ibz for 11k also has 'em. (4h + 1c) but reading the post i'v learnd tht ibz isnt gd in low range...i'd like to ask wts the prblm wid low end ibz ?

squier strat is 9.5k, bt it doesnt hav any H pickups :(...wt to do !
    i also came across a gb&a (2h + 2c) for 6k. exact replica of pacifica, and sounding equally good. quality of stuff i dnt know !

amp i think marshall 15cd wd be gd and enuf (assuming price < 4k) processor still in doubt.

20. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

4 humbuckers! hahahaha!! one humbucker is the two pickups joined together! kya re noob!

anyway, dont bother so much with pickups...at your stage i doubt if you'll know the difference. BUT the guitar will. dont go for a gb&a guitar just because it has 'more humbuckers' than the pacifica. the pacifica and the squier strats are the best guitars that you can go for in your price range. don't be fussy about things which are irrelevant. sheesh!