Wnt to buy an electric guitar my budget is upto 10k

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by gauravkhanna, Oct 26, 2006.

1. gauravkhanna

gauravkhanna New Member

Hi guys..
    i wnt to buy an electric guitar my budget is upto 10k...
    so pls guys tell me which guitar should i buy....
    howz washburn X10????
    guys i totally confused pls help me out.....

2. MrPotts

MrPotts New Member

Just my opinion

• [1] Don't stick all of your money in one guitar, you should have several guitars, to perform with alternate tunings, if you plan on performing down the road. Personally I have a 2 to 1 setup. Two acoustic electrics for every solid body. You might prefer the reverse.

[2] It's all about adjustments. You can make a cheaper guitar sound fine, with the right adjustments, and some customizations. The trick is to make the adjustments very slowly, (one per day), over a long period of time. This allows you to step back, and really hear the change the next day. I know this works, because I've had pawn shop clunkers, that I've been offered much more than retail for, because they sounded so good. Look at the nags that the White Stripes use. "Silvertone?" Sheeeesh!!!

[3]Guitars have personallities. I would venture to guess that no one guitar is going to fit every circumstance. Most sound best with a tuning other than standard tuning. I have a guitar named "Cocoa", that was destined to be tuned in open E minor tuning. (6E 5B 4E 3G 2B 1E). but "Shorty" is an open A guitar, like a standard guitar at fifth fret: (6A 5D 4G 3C 2E 1A) ,using a .008 high G string for the 1A.

[4]Make sure you invest in the best case you can buy for each guitar. Gig bags are NOT real cases, as a general rule. Grizzly Industrials is a good place to get extra cases, in case you adopt a fixer-upper, without a case.

[5]If you don't have plans of being a pro, then cut your budget down to under 2k. Seeing a "three-chord wonder", playing a pricey Les Paul Custom, is definitely an oxymoron.

3. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^^^Dude,Calm Down he ain't some Petrucci,Vai etc having 10 guitars n wanting to buy 1 for touring ?
    He just wants to buy a simple guitar for learning if I'm not wrong.

@gaurav khanna...........I would seriously recommend U to increase your Budget by around 2-3k and go in for a Yamaha Pacifica they are sum serious shit for beginners

4. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

I guess even a Java wud do...get a processor too maybe...use ur comp for the amp..or even try using s/w for processors and instaed invest in a better soundcard?

5. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

6. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

Thts one ugly head the Bennet one has...isnt this the same as Samick guitars renamed as GBs?

7. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

Now if I only had the money. Oh talent too.

8. rohit

rohit New Member

go for a squire stratocaster.
    california series strat is in your budget.

9. gauravkhanna

gauravkhanna New Member

thnx a lot guys 4 ur opinion....

@The Devil....ya i m a beginner but i want to perform in a band too..so is yamaha pacifica good???
    n wat abt da guitars which laneymaney had told....are dey gud enough??

10. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i havent tried the intercepter out for myself but if that ibanez is like all the other GIOs then i can say thats good! btw my friend might be selling his Ibanez GRG something. Its in perfect condition....If ur interested ill put you onto him

11. gauravkhanna

gauravkhanna New Member

ya pls let me know...
    could u pls tell me which one is better....intercepter or Ibanez GRX

12. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

dude i would go with rohit. a Strat is a good start. it would be good for the future too. not sayin ibanez is bad but if u can get a nice one inside your budget then go for that other wise i would suggest u go for the strat. and as i keep sayin go to the shop try the guitars in your budget then decide which one feels comfy&sounds good ok. cause its all that matters.

13. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

yea he's 100% right. I suggest you go try some ibanez guitars....fenders and if u can maybe an intercepter....i will get back to you with the price and model of my friend's ibanez in a few days. He's our band's vocal/rythm guitar . Ive used that guitar a few times . Its got two Ibanez humbuckers and 1 Single coil. 22 frets i think....1 way tremolo (which is best for a learner)...umm...ill try and find the model on the net

Cheers,
    Laney

14. gauravkhanna

gauravkhanna New Member

i hv heard that fender guitars are good for blues but i wnt to play metal...thats why i m opting 4 ibanez...n i live in chandigarh n there are not so many good music stores here there are only 3 n they dont hv good brands...so to get a good guitar i have to shop online...thats why i need ur help ..pls guide me which model is best....

@laneymaney....i think a ibanez GRG have 24 frets...n can u pls send me a pic of that guitar....

15. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Ok dude...im there to help you...because i face the same problem and i know how it feels!I will find out about my friend (GAVIN)s guitar within a day with a price quote. Will get pics if ur interested. do u have Msn Messenger so we can chat?

16. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

@mr pott: he means 10000 INR = roughly 200 USD, a tenth of the "lower budget" you mentioned.

@gauravkhanna: look out for a used deal too, some guitars are in good condition, sadly most aren't

17. gauravkhanna

gauravkhanna New Member

no i dont have msn but i have yahoo...
    is it ok vid u?????

18. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

its fine.....ill chat with u through MSN tho. whats ur ID?

19. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

hey dude. i can see that u got very less options with shopping. But dude telling you, you can get most of the stuff online but some of them needs to be done in person cause u see. buying a guitar is one of those things. cuase it makes a lot of difference as its your first guitar and even if its 10K(still a lot of money i would say). spend wisely!!.Atleast get someone(who know abt guitars) to buy for you.you got to play it man - thats how it works. sorry i am long way off other wise i would have helped you. wouldnt suggest buyin guitar online.

20. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

but most online places have a satisfaction period...so if ur not comfortable send the junk back is what i say