Wireless Connection

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by rockin'away, Oct 29, 2005.

1. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

Right i have a wireless connections with the other computer via a router. We have broadband and the other computer's internet is very fast.... yet mine can go really slow and moving around IGT just from chit chat to here can take 5-10mins... is there any way to speed this connection up?...

2. mine takes 5 seconds ;)

3. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

your question is pretty vague for me to answer it.

What is the distance between you and this other computer? what are the connection speeds? who is on the wireless side? how far away are you from your wireless router? how much RF interference or physical obstacles are there between you and the router? are you on the same ISP?

4. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

What is a wireless connection?? How does it work?? I am a n00b to this wireless thing.:cry2: Can someone tell me all of this in details.. I am interested to know what routers are??

Thnx,
    nIK!!:nw:

5. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

well

@rabi..... the distance between wireless and router is around 1 metre... well the ethernet speed is 54mpbs...if that any help... and what do u mean who is on the wireless side?... on the same ISP .... and obstruction well non... theres a windows but that isnt between its at the side.....

@nik... well my wireless connection... we have a bb modem which is connected to router... the router has a wireless thing that sends the stuff to the wireless adapter on my computer.... then there is an ethernet wire that connects the router to other pc and that gets direct internet...... and this way i can connect as many computers... laptops... as i wish.... i cant do i normal crossover one cauz my ISP doesnt allow it for some wierd reason.... but wireless is much better... the computer can also catch next doors connection if all else fails :)

6. i was using my neighbours wireless connection :p: just a while ago... but the signal wasnt good so i switched back 2 my dsl :cool:

7. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

oh right, so just to clarify

you are trying to connect from your laptop (on wireless) to your desktop (on lan) and both are connected to the same router in the same house/flat?

8. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

no my pc isnt a laptop... its a proper pc.... if thats the way to put it :S...and yes connected to same router in same house.....

9. anurag_26

anurag_26 New Member

1m.. why dont you use a simple network cable, why wireless with your desktop at such close distance... there may b some problem with your wireless adapter. u can get the cable in less than 5 bucks....

10. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

yaar.. my ISP doesnt allow with cable.. thats why using wireless.... else at first we got cable and tried but ISP doesnt allow....