Windows or Linux

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by vishwa_81us, Aug 31, 2005.

?

Windows OR Linux

Poll closed Sep 6, 2005.
  1. Windows

50.0%
  2. Linux

50.0%
  1. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

gm_bayzid..Take my mailing address and curiour me the linux CD!!...:)..PM me for my address!:p:

2. gm_bayzid

gm_bayzid New Member

yeah... u r most welcome... just PM me ur address... take care...

3. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

Can i yahoo you??:eek::...??..Okay, i'll do it when i have time..Three big and tough xams left..ENGLISH/PHYSICS/CHEMISTRY..and no time..so c ya!!:p:

4. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

hey check out the latest linux Kernel release: 2.6.14-rc2-git7..

u can download it from www.linux.org

linux roxx

5. jekyll

jekyll Banned

what are the new features .. or the bug fixes?

6. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

...............:annoyed:.................

7. bobbit_uncut

bobbit_uncut Banned

Windows beats Linux down.

Remember that Linux is an open source community so ofcourse u should expect a better realiability, but even with that I find that many drivers are missing.

Not the same with Windows.

The MFC of Windows is great, I have seen the similar thing on Linux, but not upto the mark.

8. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

windows can never beat linux... keep it in mind.. whether 2day or tomorrow..

ok dude.. u r talking about driver support and in the same time talking abt open source.. now tell me.. can u change the winows kernel as per ur requirements.. can u install a driver in windows.. which Microsoft doesn't support.. u r talking abt MFC's.. which is again an abstraction used in Windows.. i agree u may not get all driver support that comes with ur linux CD.. thats why we have sites like www.linux.org.. go on.. download it for free.. u don't have to pay 2 microsoft.. for anything.. Linux in short is a free.. open source code OS.. which gives u all the power.. over its own kernel.. which is reliable.. portable and also robust..

vishwa :cool:

9. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

u cant play UT2K4 onslaught on Linux....so it sucks...

10. bobbit_uncut

bobbit_uncut Banned

Damn YOU
    gimme the driver for my Creative 5.1 Live! and make it run ALL THE FIVE SPEAKERS + SUB-WOOFER
    I will lick your foot-soles if u get me that.

11. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

dude.. thats not a problem with Linux.. its the vendor Creative who has to provide u driver support on linux for ur 5 speakers n watever.. linux is the kernel dear.. applictaions come over it.. u can't blame the kernel for the application..

12. bobbit_uncut

bobbit_uncut Banned

Nope am not blaming the "Colonel" for that

but frankly speaking as a user I dont care whether I use a Hindustan Lever soap or a Proctor & Gamble.
    However, I do care about the fact that a certain soap had some quality issues some time back.
    Now I am not concerened about the excuses made by the Manufacturers and the Marketeers, but that company has sure lost the my respect and trust
    the fact is the product loses its reputation just becasue of these fringe problems

Creative does not make dirvers for Linux, cool, Linux is an open community, some one must have done making the driver, but i can't find it.

So why should I bother loading Linux when it cant run my harware properly. ???

13. nnshinde

nnshinde New Member

for ppl who wants to try linux ..check out his site ..they gives out free and live cds for ubuntu linux
    https://www.ubuntu.com/

14. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

Quoting ssslayer:

“...i have creative 5.1 soundcard ... the builtin driver for that (i guess omething Emuk ...) cannot separate the sound into 5 channels ... so what i get is that my rear two speakers donot get any sound ... and my front two speakers take up the load of the sub-woofer as well so am not able to play at high vol (gosh - those small speakers are not meant for sub 100Hz) ... if u have any driver info for that ..”

Hey man : This should help you resolve the issue with 5 channel sound:

Goto:
    https://zdeeck.borg.cz/linuxhw/soundcards.phtml
    Under the section:
    Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1
    Click on the hyperlink: Misc stuff

Run the emu_setup.sh script (I presume you know how to execute it ..but still for other newbies :>
    as root:
    # chmod +x emu_setup.sh
    #./emu_setup.sh

:)

Quoting
    bobbit_uncut:

“..Creative does not make dirvers for Linux, cool, Linux is an open community, some one must have done making the driver, but i can't find it. So why should I bother loading Linux when it cant run my harware properly. ??? “”

Bobbit ... its the lone compatibility issue I've heard with Linux man! Overall any hardware runs better with Linux :) Anyday, I would rather stop using creative than stop using linux. Check out:

https://www.vis.uni-stuttgart.de/~kraus/GatesWideShut/bmwad.jpg

have a lot of fun!
    :))

the_wizard likes this.
  15. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

^^^ a very good post dude... i wish i cud give u some reps..

16. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

17. gm_bayzid

gm_bayzid New Member

18. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Windows Is The Best!!!

19. zing

zing Machine Head

yeah right n i m king kong

actually thers only slight diff in the two - with linux u 'be root' & with windows u 'reboot' -- the choice is urs :)

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Mac is the best!