Windows or Linux

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by vishwa_81us, Aug 31, 2005.

?

Windows OR Linux

Poll closed Sep 6, 2005.
  1. Windows

50.0%
  2. Linux

50.0%
  1. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

Hi Frnds..

Most of us are familiar with windows.. but wait have u ever thought how much microsoft is earning for this s h i t OS... the OS that is good for nothing.. Look on the other side of picture... LINUX .. a free source code OS.. U can do anything u want..even u can change the kernel configurations.. make ur OWN kernel and give it ur name.. a robust .. a easily portable.. easily configurable to Real time embedded systems.. (RT Linux) Much less bugs then windows.. more stable then windows.. In such scenario u vote for whom ....

WINDOWS OR LINUX

vote above...

vishwa :cool:

2. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

3. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

I love WINDOWS Xp..:)...I vote for WINDOWS..:beer:

Pe@Ce 0uT!!:banana:

4. Guitar boy

Guitar boy New Member

I personally like linux for the stability when compared to windows.

But, do we have any audio software (equivalent of Cakewalk's Sonar) for linux.

If yes then I will vote for linux later.

5. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

^^^ never heard of Cakewalk Sonar for Windows too ... :think:

6. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Windows XP is my choice. Its not so bad. All games and apps support it.

7. mad_man

mad_man oo my god kill Em all

.......................Linux ???

:insane: :insane: ummm never heard of it. :insane: :insane: :insane:

he he he....

8. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

just 3 votes for linux???

guess not many ppl have actually used it.

9. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

ppl are ignorant ...

10. shak

shak Harrr!

no its not that they are ignorant its just they havent used linux ... microsoft's dictatorship! ...
    i wouldnt ahve voted for linux if i was asked 2 months back .. but now since i have been using fedora.. i think its much much better than xp .. it does get annoying when you cant even get mpeg files to play on your linux.. but hey ... no virus ..no spyware ... no annoying crashes ... i love linux

11. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

^ hey were u able to run Win XP too ... that is dual boot?
    and what about accessing the Win partitions ...

12. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

^^yup
    this is what happpened with me.
    i cldnt do dual booting...
    i had to remove XP..linux cldnt be installed..
    ill try it again. i have XP at the moment but wld install linux and partition the disk..

13. shak

shak Harrr!

yup all is well ... did the grub on MBR ... got everything running smooth ...
    and got the partitions as well ... having a few problems setting up GUI for mplayer.

14. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hokay ...

thats good ... coz i want every person to have the choice ... of having linux or Windows or Mac

ya know what i feel that Microsoft has purposefuly "promoted" Windows piracy in India ...
    now that everyone has become sooo dependent on it. ..

i remember a memorable one here
    NO i dont mean that Windows users are fool ... b4 u jump to any conclusions ... it was just that somehow the quote popped up .. .and i found it humorous ... and a little relevant here ...

15. shak

shak Harrr!

its not only india yaar... its every where ...
    and yeah well qouted ..

16. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

dont remember who said that ... but someone from computing world ... with reference to GUI ...

17. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

Ya u will face this problem if you r not partitioning the disk properly.. use separate primary partitions for windows n linux.. there r many tools for that.. don't use fdisk utility for dos that doesn't show linux partions.. u can use Part ( a dos based utility) or there is sumthing that comes with linux cd use that.. Put Linux paritions in ext3 format.. I have win XP and Red Hat Linux ES edition running simultaneously...

18. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

same here ... Linux + XP

XP i keep only for playing games ... coz that is the onli thing i cannot do in Linux :p:

second thing is that Linux installation itself comes with Disk Druid Partitioner ... u can try using it for Windows Partitioning ...

anyway to install Linux u need ta create the swap volumes and the ext3 partitions ... for that u have to use the Disk Druid that comes with Linux installer ...

19. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

I am using Win XP with SP2 and IE7 and have not experianced a problem so far. I do a spyware scan every week. I would have tried using linux but haven't got hold of a cd till now. The only error I've received in 2 months is the one Yahoo! Messenger. All apps are compatible with Windows so I'll continue to use it. Anyway, all of you using Linux must be having a dual boot with Windows. If linux is so good then why are you using XP too?

20. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

I am using Win XP with SP2 and IE7 and have not experianced a problem so far. I do a spyware scan every week. I would have tried using linux but haven't got hold of a cd till now. The only error I've received in 2 months is the one Yahoo! Messenger. All apps are compatible with Windows so I'll continue to use it. Anyway, all of you using Linux must be having a dual boot with Windows. If linux is so good then why are you using XP too?