Wildfire @ Spring Fest 2005 - IIT Kharagpur

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by apratim.mitra, Jan 26, 2005.

1. apratim.mitra

apratim.mitra You can call me apro

hi guys

i dunno how many of you have heard of Spring Fest .... well for starters it is the largest social and cultural fest in Eastern India and boasts of hosting one of the largest rock competitions in the country ... this year was no different and we saw amateur bands from all over the country come to fight it out for the coveted Best Band award ...

Spring Fest has a history of introducing new talent in the rock music scene with Cognac, Orange Street, Cyanide Angels all having won earlier editions ... this year the Gig was won by a tight band from Darjeeling called Yellow Hammer ... with The Hobos from Kolkata and Vividha from Ranchi taking up the other 2 spots ... last 2 years the competition was won by amateur Darjeeling band called Karnage ... however this year the level of the competition was such that one feels that even Karnage would have been given a run for their money ...

:rockon:

2. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

@ Mods = Consider moving this to Indie Rock??? We've got to get people noticing that space....

That be damn cool @ apratim.... U moshed and stuff???

3. apratim.mitra

apratim.mitra You can call me apro

Well, being the general secretary of my college I was majorly involved in the organisation of the event ... didn't really get time to participate although would have loved to ... but again considering the level of competition it is a good thing i didn't as i would probably have been too raw to make the cut ...