WIKI: Relationships/How Women Select Men

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by alpha1, Oct 18, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:grin:
    https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Relationships/How_Women_Select_Men

Excerpt:
    Entertainment Skills

Entertainment expresses emotions. Effective entertainers emotionally connect with their audiences.

Entertainment integrates limbic brain emotions with cerebral cortex imagination. When an entertainer expresses an old emotion in a new way, we applaud.

Other animals do the same mating rituals generation after generation. E.g., peahens never get bored watching peacocks show off their tail feathers. Like peahens, older women enjoy 300-year-old operas. But young women want only new music, the latest clothes, and the coolest actors. Their greatest put-down is "that's so ten minutes ago."
    Effective entertainers have integrated brains. Conversely, to improve your brain integration, develop your entertainment skills.

Entertaining men attract women. When a man's performance makes a woman feel emotionally connected, her limbic brain tells her that she's in a long-term relationship with him.

A woman with an integrated brain responds, "I want a long-term relationship with this man. I'll buy his CDs (or watch his movies). I'll feel as if I've known him for years."

A woman with a poorly integrated brain might try to have a physical relationship with the man, even though her cerebral cortex tells her that he'll never commit to a relationship with her. In a conflicted brain, the older area wins.

Entertainment skills can make women ignore a man's faults. E.g., Woody Allen's sense of humor attracts women, even though he's small, scrawny, and married his stepdaughter.[27] (At least he's a family man.)
    [edit]

Women's Entertainment Skills

Male entertainers, in general, have both male and female fans. Female entertainers, until recently, had only female fans, and had fewer fans than male entertainers. E.g., your local ballet company has fewer fans than your professional basketball team.

Masculine individuals (generally, but not always, men) use entertainment skills to attract ***ual partners. Feminine individuals (generally, but not always, women) use entertainment skills to keep a partner in a long-term relationship.

E.g., a woman who makes her husband laugh each day, and makes his heart ache when she sings lullabies to their children, has a husband who's not going to leave her.

Legendary King Shahryar took a new woman to bed each night, and then killed each woman in the morning. One woman saved herself by telling a story with a cliffhanger ending. Shahrazad kept this up night after night, spinning Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves, Sinbad the Sailor, and other stories into One Thousand and One Arabian Nights (circa A.D. 1000).
    [edit]

Truth and Lying in Art and Entertainment

Entertainment skills increase reproductive success so effectively (i.e., get women to have *** with men, and get men to stay with women) that ***ual selection for entertainment skills may have driven our ancestors to evolve larger cerebral cortexes.[28]

Art and entertainment are lies, from the point of view of the liar. E.g., when an actor playing Hamlet says that he's going to kill his stepfather, the actor isn't threatening his stepfather's life. A painter creates an image that looks real, but isn't. A poem makes us visualize a scene we don't see. Novels and movies take us into a worlds we've never experienced.

But art and entertainment are truthful, from the point of view of the audience. Effective artists and entertainers communicate emotions that "strike a chord" in the listener or viewer. They tell the truth not about themselves—e.g., you don't want to know that an actor is afraid of forgetting his lines, or is hoping that a movie producer might be in the audience and offer him a better-paying job—but instead quiet their own emotions and emote the audience's feelings.

-x0x-

Nice collection of articles , wiki book has :)

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I prefer "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus".

<3

3. cronix

cronix New Member

^^^^ yeah... that sums it all.... short and simple.... +1

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Till now I thought the book was all about astronomy/astrology.
    :shock:

5. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Thank you. Bookmarked.

6. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Had a pdf of this book long back.
    A must read.