Why Tabs or Chords ???

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by The One, Jun 5, 2006.

1. The One

The One New Member

Hi all !! I am new here.
    Why can't we use normal notes ( c, b, d ) instead of tabs and chords ? Well, I find notes easier to play than chords and I can't understand tabs much.

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

We can and we do. It's better to think in terms of notes.

Chords, however, are made up of these notes and are a different issue. We need to learn chords.

3. vini

vini Repeat Offender

notes i.e, abcdefg...we have them all over the fret board...so if sum1 indicates a song's notes to u instead of tabs..uL have to take the pain of finding out where/how to play...but tabs r a given format which tell where exactly in the fretboard u need play!...tabs r used universally just like notations..so my dear u need to learn how to read tabs, if u want to play guitar!..no escaping it!

no one is forcing u to play chords...but im sure uL get bored playing notes...sumday u'd like to strum/rhythm guitaring..so u shud learn chords..they r not difficult...just practice well!!

what do u mean cant understand "much"??..either u know how to read tabs or u dont!!... im givin u a link..read it properly..and uL get to know how to read/play tabs>>

https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?p=251#post251