Why my guitar string getting broken every time before tuning?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by GOODTUES123, Jun 16, 2011.

1. GOODTUES123

GOODTUES123 New Member

I have brought a new guitar and after few days of playing the G string had been broken.
    So I replaced it with a new one. But the new string is so hard to tune, but I forced and it just broke. Now again I replaced it but this new string is also not coming up to G.
    I use a tuner machine. I saw it to be tuned up to E# and then it broke.
    I don't know why the new string is not stretching up to the need and getting broken before it tuned.
    Is it the problem with the replacement technique of new string?
    Or it is due to bad quality string?
    Or it is a problem related with the guitar?
    I am not getting any idea.
    (Now I am getting the same problem with the higher E string also)
    kindly tell me what to do.

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

1. Get a good quality string.
    2. Observe where the strings are getting broken - and when it break (I mean what do you do when it snaps).
    3. Tune down to Eb instead of E#

3. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

Er... Are you sure you are not overtuning the string to the next octave or something? Sounds weird, right? But possible with the sort of history you are giving.

4. Ashyantony7

Ashyantony7 Performer

Strange.. i think you must be tuning D string thinking it as G.. strings designed for G are not meant to be broken at E#.. or you might have got a too thick string or string designed for D or even A.. and this still puzzles me.. ok.. try to get a lighter guage.. and make sure its the right string.. check the tuner too.. certain tuners have some custom settings which you might have changed.. :think: