Why isn't thre a CHAT page here ?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by great_guns, Oct 30, 2003.

?

You think this site oughtta have a CHAT page ?

1. Yeah, ABSOLUTELY !!! A proper well maintained complex chat forum would be great

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. SURE !! But not necessary that it should be complex. A Normal HTML chat would do

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. DONNO !! Not Sure man...probably, if everyone else thinks so !!

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. NOPE !! I don't think its necessary (or useful).

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. NO WAY JOSE' !! Absolutely no need for wasting time in a CHAT page !!

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. The site is still young. Give it time and maybe u'll get a chat applet. Till then use MSN or Yahoo m

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. great_guns

great_guns "The Great One"

Hey budds !!

am pretty amused to notice that a pretty well maintained site like this does not have a chat page. Well, I know it does take quite some effort to get a Java chat applet runnig, but anyhow, I think it would be tremendous if someone could do it ! After all, there is no dearth of computer experts in India !! (including me...well, almost !!)

I'd like to know how many people are interested in having a chat forum working here !!! I'll put up a poll too !!

Tell me thy feelings !!

Peace :beer:
    ---Guns:rule:

2. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

See the option added by me. :beer:

3. great_guns

I did read your stuff on MS !!

HEy Budd Essy !!!

Did find you our on Ms. Did Notice that your last review was in October...thats this month. The site revamped quite a long time ago, I think !!! Check for my comments there ...and yeah budd...do keep writing !!! Also, mind telling me what level guitarist you are !! I mean are you a proper PRO guitarist ?? I am a practical NEWBIE !!!

I have some links to some GREAT guitar tab sites on the net. If you want, I can put 'em up here. But then...this site would die out, wouldn'e it ?;)

Peace:beer:
    ---Guns:rule:

4. slash

slash New Member

M8, i agree with the mod about this site being to young for chat. Personally i dont think chat is such crowd puller, even if there would be chat not many would prefer it also we are practically chatting here....anyways.

M8, i have seen all those indian tab sites, all of them are amteurish and most of them a ppl homepages having some tabs on em. This is indeed the first serious indian tab site and boy do i love it. :) I mean if this wasnt as good as it is, would you and i been here talking about it in the first place....:p

i think i saw this site on sept and have been visiting it everyday since then. we already have around 200 ppl here in two months...what do you think will be the scene from a year from now!

Also i heard indian govt...the idots they are have blocked access to the whole of yahoo groups? Is it true?

5. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

@ great guns

I do post reviews once in a while when I feel like. But not as frequently I used to. :nw:

@ Slash..

I think we'll have many more registered users but whether they'll post or not remains to be seen. There will be many more changes in this site and I'll hopefully continue moderating around.

Unfortunately, that's true. The Indian govt HAS blocked yahoo groups, which is very sad imo.

6. alli

alli The Best Ever

theres one good thing bout this website... its not lke any other website on such a big scale.. IT DOESNT HAVE A CHATROOM.

its so much more fun to discuss stuff lke this.. .. everyones got their opinions..and its not a one moment thing.. coz whens its posted up there..everyone can read and reply..blah blah...

its a diff. way of discussions.. and yea maybe a chatroom. is lke the ultimate thing a lot of members want.. but i really think this website rocks the way it is ...

u also get to know each other a lil here and there... and get lots of space to discuss nething at all... y would u want to get a chatroom where everyones gonna slowly start 'pm' ing ' each other..
    posting on the website will just die down..

"my opinion"

7. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Please post in appropriate forum, also do not duplicate post.

Admin

8. great_guns

sorry Neo

Hey budds...
    whats happening.
    Not many people are voting here. Arright....now, atleast the popular opinion seems to be that we do NOT need a chat page. Still if theres anyone who does want a page here...why don't you add to that poll and post something here. I am sure if there are lots of people wanting something...the site WILL definitely hear us !!

Am sure of that

Peace:beer:
    Guns:rule:

9. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

yes, chat room is a great idea......

10. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

essi , nice option there , i go with that ..

moreover we have discussed this before also and concluded that IGT is a forum site and having a chat applet here with surely kill the purpose of it , as of now most of the members you see here are 50% seriously into guitaring if not 100% ( some are still there )..

11. mani_rawalpindi

mani_rawalpindi GUNS AND GUITARS

no i dont think chat is neccesary now it will basically kill the whole purpose of forum i think

12. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Last option for me:) Yahoo or MSN is fine.

13. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

No Chat room should be here on IGT.. We cant have someone monitering 24/7 in the chat room.. And Chat rooms spread a lot of spam.. And lot of the content will be lost.. Like people will ask and get answers on chat and will be lost for future references..

As Mani said.. The purpose of FORUM is lost..

14. d_ist_urb_ed

^^Well-put jayanth, as it is, we have a load of spam here on IGT, a chatroom would only add to the woes and i agree with mani, purpose of having FORUMS will be lost.

15. vanhouten

vanhouten New Member

I don't understand how chat rooms will spam the forums. Sorry, can someone explain?

16. jayanth

@ van :- Its like people who come here will come only to chat with other users.. No productive activites will be there.. As it is , The progress is kind of slow..

17. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

@van what will be the use of forums then????

forums gives everyone a chance to see what the members have come up with.. where as in chat no one can be online 24/7

18. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

like bhel puri spdp etc?

19. d_ist_urb_ed

@van, jay and rizaaj are right. The very purpose of forums will be lost then. People will stop posting and start chatting only. Besides it's not possible for someone to overlook the proceedings of the chatrooms 24/7.

20. jayanth

@ jay2 :- "like bhel puri spdp etc?" Whats SPDP??