Why guitars are better than women...

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by rickkkyrich, Sep 21, 2011.

1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

hmm, I see your point on part b but I think it's ridiculous. Going by your logic, what is not a pointless way of spending time? What qualifiers do you think something requires to be a constructive way of spending time?

My point on part A was that both you and alpha seem to pin down girls as the sole outlets for your "urges".

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I think that's true enough. Why would that not fall into the category of a player though? Take someone like Leonardo Da Vinci for example. Wouldn't you call him an artist? I don't doubt there were extended periods for which he didn't paint because he was so much more than just a painter.

3. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

no you don't get what i mean
    passion is developed, not born with

why is passion developed? so you don't feel empty during your empty hours where you have nothing passionate to do.

so you pick up the guitar, woo it's fun. a better way of spending time than going over with friends who don't even respect the music you listen to or your opinions. you start spending more and more time with it till you keep getting better. you learn a song you really love, NOW you're really feeling the instrument. at this point you decide you should become passionate about the guitar

frankly, if your skills are were they were when you'd started, you never develop the passion for it.

us as human beings have the capability of developing and destroying passion for anything in a given moment. it's all in the mind :]

4. Morbid_Angel

haha exactly.
    what i mean is guitar is a very productive and constructive way of spending time..but it's just one of those things you do in your alone hours which could be just about anything else.
    for me meaningful ways of spending time would be happy moments with just about anyone there is a bond or connection with no matter how small. i don't know, maybe it's just me..i can't stand being alone, we weren't designed for it.

5. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

ARREE..!! what might be extremely important to us might mean nothing to another person na..!!
    so how can you ask..k.. what is pointless or what is not..
    ( umm..ok i am trying to understand what i jus said.. :p )

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

haha, you've pretty much raised the question about the meaning of our existence...in which case, I'll probably agree with you!

Precisely, we weren't. Isn't music a way of bonding though? Dancing, singing, making music in other ways....they are all part of spending happy moments with others. You weren't meant to sit alone in your room and play the guitar for ever. That's just our ego to get better which makes us do that so that we appeal to certain tastes (not everyone wants to hear me play 3 chords forever)....that and not everyone has the inclination to sit with me while I rip up and down the fretboard on a diminished scale. The end purpose, however, is to express yourself.

In my opinion, it's as good a way of bonding as any.

7. Morbid_Angel

okay let me make it simple for you
    it is pointless because we are all going to die and our ashes will fly in an aeroplane over the sea and when that happens all our guitar skills and songs we wrote won't even exist to us

8. Morbid_Angel

you make me want to record the simplest 3 song-chord with the simplest melodies and the simplest lyrics
    for the simplest people :')

yay, life has meaning again

9. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

haha this is making me laugh..!!
    come on..your view is like.. " don't live ..in the end v'll all die.."

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

he's not "morbid" angel for nothing, the boy.

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Thank you, I consider it quite the skill.

12. Morbid_Angel

no, live however you want to whatever extent you want, i'm all for that
    just dont be under the wrong impression of what 'living' entails, which you seem to be now :]

13. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

welllll ...every one has his view of living a good life..
    maybe if you are put into room with dead bodies...you may think to yourself..what in the world is this sh*thole..where they have kept me..
    but some other person might just start observing..maybe it may all be damn intresting for him...soo we cannot define a good life..what may be sh*t for us..maybe heaven for the other is all that i am saying.. :)

14. Ashyantony7

Ashyantony7 Performer

maybe this thread is one of those pointless ways of spending time.. :-]

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Sorry, I somehow missed this thread.
    Outlet for urges:
    1. Girls
    2. Guys dressed up as girls/Guys who believe they are mentally girls
    3. Various other "Contrapment for release" like fleshlight etc
    4. Hands
    5. Guys who are guys
    6. Perhaps some animal - never tried it though

Of course you have so many options - but each one has its own "pleasure quotient" associated with it. And one cannot replace the other.

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

3 chord song > everything else
    Music has evolved because of certain reasons.

BJR has put is succinctly as: Dancing, singing, making music
    All part of SOCIAL GROUP activities.

Its only later (well actually few millenia ago) that few musicians decided that we want something arcane, and something which stimulates our mind.

17. Morbid_Angel

yeah, although i love the evolution we've come to, i'd never want to forget the roots. simplicity always overrides unnecessary complexity. that's why i could never get into any music that could be termed as musical masturbation

18. komal29

komal29 New Member

this thread is totally funny..

19. Morbid_Angel

i wouldn't say "totally"..

also, how could i have missed this :grin: except the boy part...but it's you so i'll allow it

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Are you by any chance an American teenager?
    (They can't TOTALLY live without using "totally" and "whatever" in EACH sentence, WHATEVER!).