Why do you hate Brahma?

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by Roadie2Rockstar, May 6, 2005.

1. Roadie2Rockstar

Roadie2Rockstar New Member

As for what Nanda has to say, here's my reply to you.

Uou liked them once upon a time you dont like them now.
    Hey thats fine. I respect your decision to hate them.
    Many people like them if they would only play Metallica, there were still others who were tired of hearing them play only Metallica. So much so that although they altered their setlist people would say they play the same list.
    So they did cover other artist they lost fans in the bargain but did gain new fans.
    People like thier Creed my sacrifice cover, People like thier linkin park in the end cover and many people even like thier deep purple smoke on the water cover. So if you hade expectations go ahead and hate them.
    Yet my advice to all brahma haters is dont go for thier shows.
    Cause they are not concerned about who hates them, but about Fans who like them.

So why was i stupid to put a thread like this.
    Cause I was tired of reading posts of people who know **** about music and bitch about brahma. Its simple if they think they know better just play your gigs make more fans then Brahma. cause if you play concerts where 50-100 people attend and brahma plays concerts where 2000-8000 people attend in my opinion they are better than many indian band.

2. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

@ Roadie... dude, I repsect ur views...

Just that, I don't think I'd diss any band or nething if like, something wasnt seriously wrong with them... Well, I do support Indian Rock and yeah, I do care for it... I have Brahma's Reborn... truth be told, I didn't actually enjoy the album... yeah, Metallica, Testament, and all the others who Brahma like, I like... doesnt mean that I HAVE to like Brahma...
    Not that I have anything personal against Brahma... I liked Xenon...
    And yeah, even if I don't like Brahma, doesnt mean I can't have some fun at their concerts... like the PDV thing I talked to you about... or well, say some Deicide concert or a Marilyn Manson gig... they always are fun places to goto, nomatter whether you enjoy the kind of music. Face it, even Elevation and Smells Like make headbangers go nuts at a gig... I know that...

So dude, finally, I respect your views man.. and appreciate your guts...
    BUT, still, you dont have ne f'kin right to tell me why I should not hate Brahma...

As for the P-Man or DS, well, yeah, they've got their own views... so let 'em be. If I asked you why you hate PDV or Demonic or any of DS' bands, what would you say, dammit?

Yeah, If you don't like their music, it's ohk. But don;t tell me that you've never seen them live.

Fuk this stupid topic now. It's lost the meaning...

After all, do we really need to squabble about Indian Rock? Well, face it, in the end, we want these bands to succeed... they may not be your favorites, but like, it certainly does makle you feel nice...

What if some1 like Themclones (no offense - but I don't dig them) were to say, tomorrow launch thier nre album.. and it becomes a world wide platinum? You would be proud to say that they are from your own backyard... even if you don't like the music, huh?

So like, let's jus call a truce... what say u?

BTW, didn't u get my PM?

3. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

@ Nanda = Sorry dude, but like, sometimes, I go nuts...

You should know that...

4. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

roadie...bramhas lucky to have a fan like you..if any of them is readin this..i hope they appreciate u stickin up for them.

5. Roadie2Rockstar

Hey Asmodeus, i did get your PM, sorry did not read it though.

Nothing personal against you.
    As for your views. everyone is missing the point. Im not saying dont hate brahma. all im saying is dont bitch about them.
    And if you've ever read the posts of people whom im quoted you'll know what i am specifing.
    Its simple with bands like brahma, parikrama and Agni not making it big in international platforms what is the future of the new guys. You think if brahma steps aside they'll do well.
    Then that's great Brahma is not stoping anyone.
    Many people think brahma hates the new bands cause thier slot is gone in I rock.
    Let me tell you something even if Brahma does not play I rock they will play other shows.
    Brahma is too busy too hate anyone. If they are angry its only with the bollywood music cause they feel whether there is talent in there or not a lot of money is wasted there.
    Which if put into good old rock n roll will do wonders in this country.

I have heard PDV and demonic ressurection and i dont thing thier as good as you claim them to be.
    Why themclones, if PDV or Demonic make it big forget about their album going platinum worldwide (if that happens the world will know they are great even if i still hate them they'll be great) but even open for a international act like Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Sepultura, Pink Floyd any of the big rock names they are great in thier own way. Bottom line I would still hate them cause i dont like thier kind of music. But no matter what I would not go about bitching with stupid comments like they got attitude they are not talented most important I would not go for any of thier gig and boo them or shower bottels to show my appreciatian. I simply would not go for any of thier gig.

Again you misunderstood my point by saying dont come for Brahma shows.
    If you go to a Decide concert and boo the band you'd be dead, you'd not be Asmodeus but anonymous.

You said even if you dont like brahma doesnt mean you cant come come to thier concert and have fun.
    My friend, how can you have fun when you hate the band.
    If your point of fun is going to a brahma show and moshing with your friends means you like thier music.
    And if your point of fun means going to a brahma show and abusing them and throwing bottels then let me tell you something. A stage is like a home to an artist would you like it if someone came and threw bottles at you in your very home. Would any of these band you are trying to save like it if people came to thier shows and threw bottles at them saying they were only having fun.

So yes, you hate brahma you want to come and still have fun at thier concerts, good go ahead no one is stoping you. but think about it what is your idea of fun.

6. Roadie2Rockstar

For people who think im so obsesed with Brahma.

Here's my list of fav indian bands who I have heard and most of whom i have met personally.

Brahma, Parikrama, Agni, Gary Lawyer, Kryptos, Claver, Sceptre, Xenon, Pysco motor.

Bands whom i have heard becasue they were playing at the same gig where brahma was playing or was a college festival where i happened to be, but whose kind of music i dont like (me not likeing them does not mean they suck- it just means i would not go for thier shows)

Pentagram, Moksha, Earth Clan, Demonic Resurrection, PDV, No idea, Split, AFS,
    (but no matter what I will not throw bottles on these bands)

7. Roadie2Rockstar

Again people this thread is why you hate brahma.

So please put simple points like Nanda, Asmodeus etc. You hate them cause you dont like the kind of music they play then its fine.

You dont like them cause you feel they dont cover international bands well, then specify why you like other indian bands cause they dont cover international bands better than brahma.

8. kevin002

kevin002 New Member

holy shiznicks!!!! .......i think we have all said enough!

9. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

@ Roadie = Yeah, I get ur drift... but you didn';t get mine on one point...
    Yeah, enjoying a rock concert is about enjoying the music... I know that... So, I said, like, LIVE, mostly, anything sounds good... especially if some1 plays something familiar to you, so that you can sing along, play along, mosh along...
    Same thing happens with Brahma... they're good LIVE... I didnt' like their originals tho... that overall means that I didn;t like Brahma all that much... 'cuz for me, a band is very good only if they can keep you glued to your headphones at home...

10. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

I am only saying this cause I think there is a misconception that Brahma played at the hard rock cafe.

They did play OUTSIDE the cafe in a truck but never got to play inside the cafe itself.

This was told by Dean to a friend while he was IN the band long before he quit. Infact it was sometime just after they came back from there.

Now kudos to them for getting that far.

And just for the record I can pay 100,000$ tomorrow and I'll have a slot in the ozzfest
    no jokes
    and 5000$ for a slot at wacken.

cheers!

11. Roadie2Rockstar

Hey asmodeus, whatever you say man. You like them live dont like them overall, its all fine.

12. Roadie2Rockstar

hey demon, i did not know there were trucks in Paris.

But most importantly dont bring Dean into this. If you have the guts put the name of dean's close friend that told you this, so that everyone can know what's true.

And let the record show, that the rich kid demon thinks he can pay ozzy 100,000$ and get a slot for demonic ressurection in ozzfest, pretty intresting.

I refuse to believe such a stmt from a guy, who on this same thread was crying at a previous reply.
    The demon said if he had the resources like brahma did he would be organizing huge resurrection concert.
    Well demon, shame on you.
    You have 100,000$ on you. You can book andheri sports complex get roger drego sound with the best of the sound. Even without sponsors you can organize a huge resurrection show. I believe your too scared to organize any rock concert because you know just like how in razz you will just get a crowd of 50-100 people.
    I simply just pity you.

13. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

thats enough guys! just chill out!

14. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

How could they call brahma 'heavy metal'? A better categorization would be hard rock. I tried one of their sample things. Enough to even wipe out the computer history that music like brahma's even entered. How more commercial could indian metal be?

This has nothing to do with Roadie2Rockstar's or Demonstealer's comments. Just answers the question.

15. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

btw when i said I can pay 100,00$ and get a slot at ozzfest I dont litrally mean I have that kind of money in my bank account and get myself a slot. I'd assume you'd have more understanding that it was meant to say that 'a person i.e anyone who wishes to play at festivals abroad can pay the organisers the amount of money I stated above and get the slot' it is a known fact that bands can pay money to get slots in big shows. thats all that was meant to be given along with what it costs to buy those slots at those 2 shows.

So I'd just recommend u think logically before you retort with fury and vengeance.

Btw playing at the HRC and not a single picture of them actually playing on the stage?

16. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

Loads of my friends say their lead guitarist is a wasting his talent being there...

i think their drummer is good too.......nice left and right leg coordination..

17. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Wastage of space now.. this thread I mean...
    It's become more of a war...

18. Roadie2Rockstar

Ok so i guess you people think its my fault to post such a thread!!
    I thought there are lines like everyone is entitled to their own views in this thread.
    I guess that does not include my views.
    Everyone is a gem out hear, and they think im all crap.
    Well your thoughts and views will not change my faith.
    BTW did not intend to fight with anyone.
    If people have stated facts so have I.

I have had a nightmare of what indian rock is gonna be 5 years from now.
    IF bands like Brahma, Parikrama, Agni hang thier jackets and decide to live the rest of thier lives off the stage. All the new bands will be at war fighting at thier place.
    One band will have their gang throw bottles at the other during rival gigs.

Nothing can happen of this county.

19. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

F'kin prick...

Yeah, man, everyone is entitled to their views... fukin all I'm concerned with is the fukin fuked up things that you bloody post man... Messages like the one's above show what a choot you really are man.
    Dude, face it... If someone doesn't like Brahma, they don't ohk? They may not have a good enough reason to support it but whoever did has voiced their crap here.
    5 years from now? Seriously think about this man... in any genre of music, the only thing that stands out is originality... Yeah, everyone is gonna remember all the bands you mentioned. Yeah, people do respect them.

Dude... if nothing can happen of this country, why the fk do you live in it man? Why not go over to someplace where only pricks like you exist?

20. Roadie2Rockstar

And demon, you don't know the defination of logic so forget being my teacher.

I thought bands get paid to play a gig and not pay organizers to play a gig.
    Even here in india new bands send their demo recordings to get a slot in I rock competition.
    I have not heard of anyone paying Mr Wadia to get a slot. I suggest you think before you type.

All siad and done you hate brahma is fine. Its not that anyone is gonna crucify you for that.
    But so do many brahma fans hate you by now and thats a fact. So chill out.