Why do (most) Indians think that dark(er) skin is somehow ugly?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by shsnawada, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

You're totally ryte brotha :D

2. echord

echord New Member

its because u can only shag dark skinned gals during the day time coz u can locate them in day light, at night u wouldnt be able to so thats quite reasonable

3. Morbid_Angel

cool joke man im laughin more than usual -_- bah

4. echord

echord New Member

^ oh now i think u need to go the doctor coz it wasnt a cool joke but lame and u're laughing more than usual? thats intriguin coz i thought u were sad being angry?

5. echord

echord New Member

dil doesnt matter much look 2 feet below 'dil' thats more important so yeah hum kaley hain to kya hua ...waley hain

6. Ibanezed

Ibanezed New Member

who gives a F? there are fair and lovely ayurvedic fairness cream and menz active .. :D

7. cumming soon

cumming soon Banned

this echord guy is a tharki .someone get him off the hook.

8. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

wrong answer.

9. Morbid_Angel

who cares? :p:

10. vinyl

vinyl Watch this space

The reason for that is that there are many other factors that determine whether we think a person is hot or not. Some consider large is lovely, some prefer skinny, some see eyes/facial features, cultural differences. The way a person looks at you or the way they pose in a picture or what they wear also determines whether you think they're attractive. And this is all before you even get to know a person.

But having said that, men are programmed to chase after anything in a skirt. Give them fair or dark-skinned... they'll hump them both... ;)

11. Ayeshaa

Ayeshaa New Member

What makes you believe that? And which category do you fit into?

12. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

echord just raised the level of lameness at IGT. I didn't think it could be possible. Congrats echord.

On topic... This fair skinned bullshit has been passed on by our earlier generations. Take a look at my grandmom. She'll say so and so is beautiful because he/she's fair. She probably didn't notice anything apart from the fairness (it probably blinded her).

Then came the fair and lovely ads aimed at the poor and middle class. Can't get a job as your dark? Use fair and lovely. Next shot we see her (its always a woman) in airhostess garbs and smiling.

I was at this party sometime ago and a friends cousin was there too. She was cute! I told a friend and he said, "She's dark". I called him a few names, in jest, and walked away.

Btw, I'm neither dark nor fair.

13. cumming soon

cumming soon Banned

@erutu what was the moral of the story? please enlighten us.

14. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

Read the second line's first sentence. Do it slooooooooow. Do not tax yourself man.

15. cumming soon

cumming soon Banned

the bizzare party story?

16. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

If that is bizarre, then get out some more. Try it.

17. smartsashank

smartsashank New Member

kya pakaauu thread hai yaar......

18. cumming soon

cumming soon Banned

aur phir bhi tu isko check kar raha hai

19. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I, on the other hand, am reasonably fair. I am, therefore, the cream of society. You may bow to me henceforth.

:cool:

20. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

Pic?

*hasdjkdfa*