Why did you take up playing a guitar?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by guitarj, May 27, 2011.

1. guitarj

guitarj New Member

I don't know if this has been discussed before but I was just curious as to why u guys have taken to playing a guitar? As for me following are the reasons:

1. to impress girls
    2. I like the band iron maiden and would be elated to play even half as good as dave murray does, someday.
    3. I can put it on my cv
    4. pursue a new hobby
    5. impress girls

2. Pravas

Pravas New Member

My answer doesn't fit your options.
    Have you ever felt completely lost in something, you wouldn't care more about anything. That's how I felt.

Super-Admin likes this.
  3. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

@Guitarj - your first and last goal seems to be same :) ... Pure passion .. heard of that ?

4. M!k3Y SyL4R

M!k3Y SyL4R New Member

Ah...
    Me...
    1) 2 impress girls... (Bt Oni ma gf la...)
    2) I like My Chemical Romance (Bt nt iron maiden) so I wana b lke Frank Iero
    3) N Ma fren Vijendran n Simon n Jeevan Impress me with their skills, thiz make me wana play guitar
    4) Lazly no idea i like it sinz i'm smal...
    B-)

5. popoya

popoya New Member

I think of myself as an advanced pianist , but you still can't play hard rock or metal (I love Metallica !) on the piano . So, I decided to learn the guitar to learn more music and play music of a larger variety of genres and to be a more versatile musician :D

6. Akash_Rajoria

Akash_Rajoria New Member

To remove the loser tag.

7. danishkanojia

danishkanojia New Member

ummmmm.....
    The reason is not in the list...
    I Love it... i can play it whole day.... But i've just started learning it these days...

8. harmonizer

harmonizer The Son of the Moon

there shouldnt be any option....a thousand ppl can have a thousand reasons..... i like to compose music and to learn and express it i have selected guitar....cuz i think this instrument has a wide range of sound variations and i dont like keyboard :)

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I liked the vibrations (acoustic hollow body) when I played it close to my groin.

10. spydra

spydra New Member

because the Mandolin went out with the 90s.

11. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

यो टेलर, मैं तुम्हारे लिए बहुत खुश हूँ, मैं तुम्हें खत्म लेकिन Beyonce सभी समय का सबसे अच्छा वीडियो में से एक ... सभी समय के सर्वश्रेष्ठ में से एक था जा रहा हूँ!

curious.

12. harmonizer

i was a good student of hindi in my school...but this went over my head.... salute u signore :p:

13. spydra

spydra New Member

haha psh, that was a hindi translation of Kanye West interrupting some awards where Taylor Swift got best music video. It had seemed like such a good idea then.

14. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

you start guitar with passion but by the time you're quite good at it the passion gets rationalized to other reasons to continue putting in time. if you started guitar with the intention to impress girls..well there are hundreds of other activities which impress girls more than guitar.

and then years later you realize you didn't need to impress the girl to score anyway

15. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Impressing girls is the lamest reason i could think of... You don't need to work that hard to impress girls...
    If you can impress a girl you can impress a girl if you can't then you can't..

16. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

well i wouldn't really go as far as to call it the "lamest reason", but yeah..it is a very short-sighted (and rarely successful) goal.

17. Ashyantony7

Ashyantony7 Performer

According to me if someone tries to play guitar just to impress gals ,well he's not gonna go anywhere.. if he plays what little he has learnt to a gal just to impress her she will be able to tell that.. You're not gonna impress her that way.. you know why gals are impressed by guitarists..? well a real guitarist plays with passion.. You know how long it takes to play a guitar well..? Years.. When a guitarist plays , the gal will be able to feel the dedication he had for years in learning that instrument.. That is what that impresses her..

If you're new to guitar please.. please.. don't learn it just to impress a gal.. A guitar is worth more respect than that..

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

... but hanging the guitar while scoring chicks really help - they go like OOOHH, a rockstar! and become your groupies ...
    I don't know but is it inbuilt in female gender?

19. Ashyantony7

Ashyantony7 Performer

@alpha : ya.. you're right.. well, they see all those romance in the big screen with the hero playing guitar for his love and they've been seen this so many times right form their childhood and they all wish it happens in their life as well.. that's why guitarists score more gals than keyboardists or bassists..

20. harmonizer

i've heard this from a couple of girls..:)